Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Vaccine side effects

(235 Posts)
Atqui Wed 06-Jan-21 14:57:52

My husband had the Pfizer jab before Christmas with no ill effects it seemed . Two weeks after he had really bad headaches on 3 consecutive nights . He is not normally prone to headaches . The GP says it could not be related to the jab. Has anyone else had anything similar?

M0nica Mon 25-Jan-21 07:22:36

Thank you to those who have supported me.

I would observe, while most of us involved in these discussion can post links from reputable sources to support the arguments we are making, Yogagirl makes assertion after assertion, but not once do we get a link to a reputable source to support her arguments.

We get a lot of anecdotal evidence, based on immediate neighbours and friends, but solidly based evidence backed by proper scientific research is totally missing.

nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:29:04

Well ,there’s always one isn’t there ?

Philippa60 Mon 25-Jan-21 07:59:22

I had my second Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago (I am in Israel) and within 3-4 hours starting feeling quite unwell - shivery, achy and then developed a mild temperature and then a really bad headache.
I felt better about 36 hours later, but the headache lasted 4-5 days.
I understand that a reaction to the shot happens quite quickly so doubt a delayed reaction like described above would be related.
The kind of reaction I had is not unusual here with around a million people now having received their second shot - but just anecdotal from people I know it is nowhere near 50% of people.
I had no reaction to the first vaccine and my H had no reaction to either.
Good luck - so pleased to see they the UK is moving full speed ahead!

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Jan-21 08:04:29

I had the AstraZeneca on Friday. I had no side effects.

Yogagirl Mon 25-Jan-21 08:21:27

nanna8

Well ,there’s always one isn’t there ?

I posted links & GNHQ deleted them and told me if I share anything more I will have my membership cancelled, so I haven't.

I apologise for the post about avoiding you.

Yogagirl Mon 25-Jan-21 08:23:42

M0nica

Thank you to those who have supported me.

I would observe, while most of us involved in these discussion can post links from reputable sources to support the arguments we are making, Yogagirl makes assertion after assertion, but not once do we get a link to a reputable source to support her arguments.

We get a lot of anecdotal evidence, based on immediate neighbours and friends, but solidly based evidence backed by proper scientific research is totally missing.

Sorry meant to quote from above post from Monica

M0nica Mon 25-Jan-21 10:07:54

I obviously do not know, but I would assume your links were removed because they contained unverified and, possibly unverifiable data. I am sure if you had posted a link from a reputable peer reviewed source it would have got through.

Lucca Mon 25-Jan-21 12:53:09

Well I was out walking this morning and got a text to book my appointment! So excited. I’m 71 so very lucky?

. (If I don’t post for a week you’ll know the side effects have done their dastardly work.)

Charleygirl5 Mon 25-Jan-21 12:57:51

I had my Atra Zenica vaccine 24 hours ago with no side effects. I was told possibly a sore arm and a headache- I am absolutely fine.