Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Airborne transmission

(28 Posts)
Farmor15 Sat 09-Jan-21 19:24:04

On another thread, someone mentioned an article in New Statesman about airborne transmission of Covid 19. I decided to check it out www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2021/01/why-isn-t-uk-government-talking-about-airborne-transmission-covid-19
It’s well worth reading and also the link to the article in El Pais referred to at the beginning. I had read that previously and as a result have avoided indoor spaces as much as possible.

Alegrias1 Sun 10-Jan-21 11:55:15

Why hasn't the government added urgent advice on ventilation to their 'Hands, Face, Space' message and made it a priority?

They have. Been telling people since November. Top 3 results from my google search are here:

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/government-adds-hands-face-space-23028877

www.gov.uk/government/news/new-film-shows-importance-of-ventilation-to-reduce-spread-of-covid-19

www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/government-adds-important-fourth-rule-19302791

MaizieD Sun 10-Jan-21 11:55:50

An animation showing how aerosol transmission works could be effective.

There is plenty of stuff like this around. It's not an animation, but there are plenty of animations to be found.

english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html

There are also lots of things about the effectiveness of masks. Google or DckDuckGo in my case is your friend (and everyone elses)