Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Uk Government Vaccine Plan

(47 Posts)
Peasblossom Tue 12-Jan-21 12:03:21

Having read all the different threads on the Vaccine, with all the speculation, questions etc I thought I’d just flag this up.

In my inbox just now was a copy of the Government Vaccination Plan, explaining in some detail the how, why and when of the Plan.

Read dispassionately (I hope) and with regard to the fact that this is for the whole country and not just what I would like for me, I think it makes perfect sense.

It is lengthy but explains why there are three different types of places to get vaccinated, in what order people will be contacted and how and a whole load of other stuff.

I am just hoping that people will bother to read the official document and apply an understanding before they speculate or pick up news bites and maybe spread false information or uninformed opinion.

It’s easily available on the internet. just type in UK COVID-19 Vaccine Plan

growstuff Tue 12-Jan-21 13:42:06

I'm a non-bitter Remainer too.

growstuff Tue 12-Jan-21 13:44:24

Peasblossom

Someone give me a better title and I’ll repost it. I really, really think it would remove a lot of the anxiety and misunderstanding that’s on other vaccine threads.

Im trying to be helpful?

TBH People who are interested will read it. Those who still think "it's unfair" and don't appreciate what a huge job the roll-out is, will probably still moan.

Smileless2012 Tue 12-Jan-21 13:48:29

You have been helpful Peasblossomsmile.

Peasblossom Tue 12-Jan-21 13:49:42

Sigh. That’s what I mean about being dull.

A well written document about a well organised campaign gives me a real buzz ?

Alegrias1 Tue 12-Jan-21 13:51:08

Now this could be construed as having a moan but I don't think anything factual that gets posted would stop the anxiety and misunderstanding.

I like a fact, I like the stats, as it makes me realise what needs to be done and contextualise the situation. I used to be a Project Manager, love a good plan. I've posted actual facts about things on Gransnet that just get ignored, maybe because of anchor bias.

I think the title is spot on, it describes what your thread is about and that should be enough.

Other opinions exist grin

Whitewavemark2 Tue 12-Jan-21 13:56:15

I agree nothing wrong with the title!.

Just as an aside my aunt aged 92 had her jab last week. As she announced didn’t feel a thing and have felt absolutely fine since. Appointment made for second jab in 3 weeks.

All going to plan?

Ashcombe Tue 12-Jan-21 14:04:38

Peasblossom: thank you very much for drawing our attention to this informative document. Although it is 47 pages long, it is well set out with subheadings, enabling one to select the most relevant parts. It is reassuring to read and I would thoroughly recommend it to all Gransnetters!

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 12-Jan-21 14:14:45

Title's OK Peaseblossom

Just got to Page 7

growstuff Tue 12-Jan-21 14:42:37

Peasblossom

Sigh. That’s what I mean about being dull.

A well written document about a well organised campaign gives me a real buzz ?

Same here.

I feel more in control if I know the facts. I don't feel in control when I know people are lying to me, hiding the truth or dismissing issues as unimportant when they are.

Lucca Tue 12-Jan-21 15:00:37

Nowt wrong with title thanks for the information.
What in the name of glory has being a remainder have to do with it ???

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 15:30:04

Alegrias1

Yeah, things are going so badly....

Thanks for posting this, very interesting.I knew we were doing well with vaccinations but didn’t realise how well!?

Alegrias1 Tue 12-Jan-21 15:33:01

We'd never know Lemon if we just listened to the doom-mongers. Credit where its due.

petra Tue 12-Jan-21 16:18:56

Peasblossom
This will be ( to my knowledge) the third time this document has been posted.
I can't remember the first time but I posted it a couple of days ago, and now yours.
Complainers just don't want to read how complicated it is.
They just think it's the same as a flu jab from Boots or whoever.

Kamiso Wed 13-Jan-21 01:59:09

There was a very interesting and clear item about COVID on the One Show this evening (Tuesday 12th Jan) at about 7.06pm. A young woman, who was part of the Oxford team, giving clear explanations and answering questions.

Worth watching.

Kim19 Wed 13-Jan-21 03:27:21

Thank you for that, Kamiso. I had a look.

Mollygo Wed 13-Jan-21 04:09:28

Thanks peaseblossom. Since I’m reluctantly awake, I’m reading it now.
It’s always useful to have some genuine information. So much stuff delivered on the news is confusing and mixed with politics.

Juliet27 Wed 13-Jan-21 05:06:44

Another reluctantly awake here and reading the very detailed and helpful information. Thanks for drawing our attention to it peasblossom and sorry petra that I didn't see it when you too posted it earlier.

vegansrock Wed 13-Jan-21 05:46:15

It’s great that it hasn’t been farmed out to Serco or Dido Harding, and I agree it’s a massive exercise in logistics. I’m grateful to the NHS at our hospital hub for widening the net and allowing the over 70s to phone up and book an appointment alongside their own staff to maximise the use of the vaccine. Their organisation was very efficient, using lots of volunteers and medical students to get people through as seamlessly as possible, even offering tea and coffee at the end where you had to wait for 15 minutes afterwards. Sorry, anecdotal, but we all know having a fancy plan and ambitious targets does not always get delivered, but in my experience it all went well. Thank You NHS. and volunteers.

Luckygirl Wed 13-Jan-21 08:57:41

I am less worried about the vaccine roll-out plan than I am about all the rest - especially the Christmas bonanza virus-share.

As far as I can see the vaccine is getting out there under priority rules that make sense. I have no truck with this government, but the roll-out was always going to be hugely challenging.

What was not challenging was setting lockdowns promptly in response to scientific advice - this is where they have failed us all.

Elegran Wed 13-Jan-21 09:15:41

It is called a UK plan, but most of it is about delivering the vaccine in England. The parallel Scottish document is at www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202000119155/

Elegran Wed 13-Jan-21 09:17:40

Though it isn't all that parallel - it predates the vaccines being rolled out.