Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Got used to this casual way of living

(127 Posts)
overthehill Sat 13-Mar-21 19:19:02

Before all this lockdown business I was the type who'd get itchy feet if I didn't get out.

I'm so used to not going anywhere in particular now, that I find I don't mind especially.

Everything thing is done at a slower pace and if I don't finish today, I'll do it tomorrow.

Another strange thing, before I would wake in the morning and worry about different things, now I just wake.

This isn't to say I love everything about it, I miss being with my children and grandchildren and can't wait to to be with them again, but other than that I'm quite content.

Margiknot Wed 31-Mar-21 21:16:37

It’s been an odd year for us all! The first few weeks of the first lockdown were very difficult- adapting to not seeing friends and family , staying home ( I was told to shield) whilst also not having the IT skills to do my job confidently remotely. Also I had lost both my elderly parents just before Covid and my grief turned to relief that they did not have to suffer the isolation that so many elderly people have. Very mixed blessing indeed! Now with shielding ending I will be back to early starts for commuting next week and all the usual juggling! I have got used to a quieter life with comfortable clothes, so have rather mixed feelings! Shielding forced me to try supermarket deliveries, ordering more on line, communicating via teams and zoom meetings. I almost wished I had retired a year ago- whilst the idea of retirement had appalled me in the past. I even bought a sweatshirt dress - for commuting- I guess that points to a more casual way.
So a few positives with the more casual life. But I do hope we mostly get on top of Covid!