Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Getting the second dose

(36 Posts)
Daisymae Thu 15-Apr-21 16:02:35

I had the vaccine a week or two early for my age group as I took my disabled husband and they had a spare. However he has now had an appointment booked via the GP but nothing for me. When I have phoned they just say that I'm not on the list. They also said to phone 119, but they only deal with AstraZenica. Any ideas as to how I get on the list?

Lucca Fri 16-Apr-21 15:02:55

As it happens I’m just off to have my second Pfizer !

AGAA4 Fri 16-Apr-21 16:28:12

Daisymae I am glad to hear you have been contacted now about your 2nd vaccine. The Health Authority was how my son finally got an appointment.

Elvis58 Fri 16-Apr-21 16:32:51

I had mine done at a hub who automatically gave me my date for the 2nd jab,there and then.

Jana Fri 16-Apr-21 19:54:23

I’ve been on a survey where I am blood and swab tested every month. My first blood test after the first Astra Zenicca vaccine was taken two weeks later and showed no antibodies. My second test result has come back today and still no antibodies!

I’m supposed to be having the second dose tomorrow and have no idea whether to have it or is it a waste of time.

welbeck Fri 16-Apr-21 21:15:56

each time just when i thought i might be left out, i got a text, and booked it within a day or two, locally, no choice of venue, the AZ.
my first was on 13th feb, and second on 14th april.
how many weeks apart is that ? i can't seem to reckon it.

Harmonypuss Sat 17-Apr-21 02:06:27

Seems strange that you weren't automatically given an appointment for your second jab on the day that you had your first.
I know a number of people who had their first at hubs and others who went to their GP (myself included) and we were all given an appointment for 12 weeks later at the time of the first one, in fact, my GP gave us the exact same day and time as first one but just 12wks later.

My advice, call your GP and remind them that you had your first jab on xxxx and that your second is due on zzzz and ask them for an appointment.

Daisymae Tue 20-Apr-21 08:21:52

Welbeck - had first jab nearly 2 weeks before you, having 2nd tomorrow. Harmony - it seems to depend who did the jab as to how/when you are given a second date.

Mollygo Tue 20-Apr-21 08:28:57

Daisymae

Welbeck - had first jab nearly 2 weeks before you, having 2nd tomorrow. Harmony - it seems to depend who did the jab as to how/when you are given a second date.

That was true for us. We weren’t given a second date, but I reckoned it should be about April 20th.
I went online to see if I could book for myself a while back and got our second jab booked for last Sunday.
Funnily enough we got a text last week from the health hub asking us to book.

Daisymae Tue 20-Apr-21 08:57:55

Molly - I did try but couldn't book online. Every health authority has its own procedure. Also 119 will only deal with Astral Zenica issues, not Pfizer.

Cunco Tue 20-Apr-21 09:23:11

A friend regularly tried the NHS website to book a second appointment and the computer said no for a while; but then it said YES! It was booked at a local centre within 10 days with plenty of choice of date and time. Her first vaccination appointment was not through the NHS website. This may not be the situation everywhere but, with the NHS website, it would suggest you keep trying every now and again, as well as contacting your GP if you get desperate.