Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Worrying reaction to first vaccine

(8 Posts)
AGAA4 Fri 16-Apr-21 16:34:03

I had a very fast pulse rate lasting for 7 - 8 hours after my first jab. Now my second one is due. The doctor said he wasn't 'unduly' worried but I am nervous now about the next one.

I don't want to put anyone off having the jab as I do have reactions to things and have asthma/eczema.

AGAA4 Fri 16-Apr-21 16:48:16

Has anyone else had this reaction?

foxie48 Fri 16-Apr-21 17:03:59

There's lots of reasons for tachycardia and if your doctor is not unduly worried, I think you can be reassured. The episode that you had was probably completely unrelated.

fiorentina51 Fri 16-Apr-21 17:04:11

No. I had a headache a felt feverish and tired for about 24 hours or so but took paracetamol which sorted out most of the after effects. The tiredness lasted a couple of days more. I hope all goes well for you.

AGAA4 Fri 16-Apr-21 17:07:28

Thank you. I didn't have any of the other more common side effects apart from feeling a bit tired the day after.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 16-Apr-21 17:49:09

It may be you were unconsciously anxious the first time...so maybe had a fast pulse, but you didn’t notice it. Try not to worry. Like someone else said, your doctor wasn’t worried, and if there was anything to worry about, I’m sure you’d know about it by now.

BlueBelle Fri 16-Apr-21 17:57:07

If it’s any consolation most people seem to have less reactions the second time than the first
I wouldn’t expect it, it may have been a one off for whatever reason

AGAA4 Sat 17-Apr-21 16:30:51

I just wanted to say thanks to those who took the trouble to answer my post.
This is one of the reasons I like Gransnet. I wouldn't have told any of my family or friends about my anxiety as I am seen as the strong one but I can come on here and get some reassurance and support so thanks again.