Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Boris going to India

(67 Posts)
overthehill Fri 16-Apr-21 19:43:18

Bearing in mind we are discouraged from travelling abroad because of the virus, should the PM be travelling to India with their numbers soaring. Risking himself and entourage and possibly bringing infection back here

MaizieD Mon 19-Apr-21 11:57:53

Now will he put India on the Red List?

wendyann23 Mon 19-Apr-21 12:43:01

So pleased he has seen sense and postponed/cancelled trip. Hope India gets put on red list now, can’t see why it wasn’t done before as they have more cases than Pakistan and Bangladesh.

MayBee70 Mon 19-Apr-21 12:49:47

So why did he arrange to go in the first place? Maybe Cornwall could pretend to have a Cornish variant? It’s worth a try.

PippaZ Tue 20-Apr-21 08:47:57

Johnson does seem to be very slow in grasping what's "only sensible" in so many scenarios, doesn't he?

Ellianne Tue 20-Apr-21 08:57:08

MayBee70

So why did he arrange to go in the first place? Maybe Cornwall could pretend to have a Cornish variant? It’s worth a try.

I could always arrange for some rumours around a variant transmitted by the guillemots and gannets of Carbis Bay! MayBee70.

simtib Tue 20-Apr-21 09:05:36

I am not worried about Boris going to India. It is Boris coming back from India I am worried about. I rather wish they would keep him there in isolation.

Lovetopaint037 Tue 20-Apr-21 09:20:32

He isn’t going now as he has seen the light.

MayBee70 Tue 20-Apr-21 12:32:54

So India still isn’t a red zone? We’re waiting for the evidence that the India variant is dangerous. How about being proactive and assuming that any new variant is bad unless it’s proved otherwise. Being proactive a year or so ago would have prevented the situation we’re now in. When will we learn?

M0nica Tue 20-Apr-21 13:15:49

India has been declared a Red Zone. It will come into action at 4.ooam on Friday

maddyone Tue 20-Apr-21 14:09:51

Thank God he isn’t going! It would have been ridiculous and set a very poor example. Foreign travel is supposed to be illegal in the UK at the moment, oh yes, I forgot the little clause ‘except for work purposes.’ And now we can at last put India on the red list. It’s my belief that it wasn’t on the red list simply because BJ was going there! Mind you, not till 4.00am on Friday. What’s wrong with today?

MayBee70 Tue 20-Apr-21 14:26:02

There’s going to be a news conference about VitD I believe. Only a year too late with that one!

Greeneyedgirl Tue 20-Apr-21 15:59:50

When is it on MayBee70?

JenniferEccles Tue 20-Apr-21 16:35:18

There has been much talk in the media about the possible benefits of vitamin D and covid for at least a year to my knowledge.

There has been at least one tv programme about it and various articles in newspapers.

Hardly a year too late.

Gannygangan Tue 20-Apr-21 16:38:53

India is in such an horrendous state. So terribly sad.

As for Boris even contemplating going ... well, there must have been a screw loose somewhere.

At least someone's seen sense and it's been abandoned.

maddyone Tue 20-Apr-21 16:55:11

MayBee70

There’s going to be a news conference about VitD I believe. Only a year too late with that one!

I’ve been taking Vitamin D for well over a year, along with Vitamin K which is supposed to work with it. It didn’t stop me getting Covid and being hospitalised for twelve days with it, so I think all this hype about Vitamin D is just that, hype.

MayBee70 Tue 20-Apr-21 17:17:33

No one ever said it stops you catching covid.