Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Hancock having affair during lockdown unbelievable!

(250 Posts)
B9exchange Fri 25-Jun-21 09:11:57

The Sun (apologies, but they got the scoop) has published a picture od Matt Hancock in a steamy embrace with a woman he sneaked into a job at DHSC last November, the story is that they have been carrying on an affair in the office since then. The hypocrisy of him calling for Neil Ferguson spelling amended by GNHQ at OP's request to be sacked for his lockdown breaking affair cannot be overestimated.

GrannySomerset Sat 26-Jun-21 18:18:51

Depressing that we have a morally bankrupt PM who is in no position to challenge anyone’s behaviour.

Apart from feeling huge sympathy for Hancock’s wife and children, who sold the tape to The Sun? Somebody is making money out of all this!

NanaandGrampy Sat 26-Jun-21 17:25:46

Ive just watched the actual footage ( and I cant unsee it now !!) . I'm probably scarred for life.

My sympathies lie with his wife , Its one thing to have a husband who cheats on you , its another for it to be splashed over the papers.

Greeneyedgirl Sat 26-Jun-21 16:58:01

The sad thing is that nothing surprises me about this government any more. Each day brings a new revelation to be swept under the carpet - the carpet must be quite lumpy by now.
As Luckygirl has said this is wrong on so many levels, and it is hard to see how Hancock will ever be able to appear in front of the public again with any credibility, as the image we can never unsee (unfortunately) will float before our eyes.

Curlywhirly Sat 26-Jun-21 16:30:24

It has been mentioned that it was CCTV outside the office that captured it. It has also been mentioned that it could be a hidden camera in his office. Or I suppose it could have been someone filmed it from a nearby building using a telephoto lens. No doubt the security services will get to the bottom of it.

Brendawymms Sat 26-Jun-21 15:40:27

Putting aside the events I think there is a bigger picture

How was there a ‘spy’ camera in a government office

When was the picture taken

Why have they waited this long and why.

varian Sat 26-Jun-21 15:40:23

"Hypocrisy is too small a word" writes Alison Pearson in The Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/25/hypocrisy-small-word-matt-hancocks-betrayal-publics-trust/

Blinko Sat 26-Jun-21 15:38:06

I'd have thought his life was complicated enough already, without the active assistance of Gina Colapinada...

Alegrias1 Sat 26-Jun-21 15:31:25

It was the Queen who called him a "poor man"

She also said he was full of.... then she stopped talking

GillT57 Sat 26-Jun-21 15:19:35

WWMk2. Brilliant! I learnt the Jaberwocky by heart at primary school. I really like Michael Rosen, he speaks emotionally and eloquently about his time in hospital with covid19, much of it in a coma

Curlywhirly Sat 26-Jun-21 15:17:50

winterwhite

Well, Growstuff, he could scarcely deny it could he. That wasn't my point. He's been knocked to the ground by the Cummings criticism and the Johnson emails and then someone in his workplace takes a most compromising photo of him and sends it to the Sun. 'Poor man' indeed.

Poor man?!!!!! The sleaze ball has just been caught on camera snogging his work colleague, hand firmly caressing her bottom. There's nothing poor about that man, he deserves all he gets.

May7 Sat 26-Jun-21 15:07:26

WWM2 brilliant

Sarnia Sat 26-Jun-21 15:03:33

Edwina Curry has given her support to Boris & Hancock. What a surprise! How many times did Norma Major hear John say 'No dinner for me tonight, dear. I'm having a curry'. In the words of Terry Thomas, 'What an absolute shower!' grin

GrannyGravy13 Sat 26-Jun-21 14:42:19

MerylStreep there does seem to be a heightened state of excitement over the current news.

(I really feel for all adults and children involved, lives destroyed and all in front of the jackals of the press)

MerylStreep Sat 26-Jun-21 14:34:35

theworriedwell

B9exchange

There are reports that Matt Hancock's wife was seen leaving their house last night with what looked like overnight bags. The poor woman, even if she was just going to get away from the press, who must be camped outside.

I saw pictures of the other woman, Gina whatever her name is, packing her car with her husband looking on. They said she had driven away but not sure where she was going.

Am I the only one getting an image of Cissie &Ada. Aka Les Dawson and Roy Barraclough gossiping over the garden fence.
Knowing GN, I probably am ?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 26-Jun-21 14:13:22

Submitted by Mr Michael Rosen

SueDonim Sat 26-Jun-21 13:58:48

Whitewavemark2

Can I advise posters that if they value their eyes not to watch the actual video of Hancock with his bit of stuff.

You’ll be washing them for hours after you’ve seen him.

When someone suggests not doing something, I find that I have no will power and simply have to go and do it. Consequently, my sleep was disturbed by nightmarish dreams (luckily not populated by MH and his paramour!) and I woke up with a migraine, which I’m placing on your shoulders, WWM2. gringrin

Seriously, though, how can Hancock’s position be tenable now? We’ve all been given carte blanche to act in any way we want regarding the pandemic. He’s the same age as one of my sons - I’d not be responsible for my actions if I found out my son had behaved in this way.

Doodledog Sat 26-Jun-21 12:30:32

I saw pictures of the other woman, Gina whatever her name is, packing her car with her husband looking on. They said she had driven away but not sure where she was going.
That's sad, too. Two women's lives shattered. They will be spitting tacks if Hancock's goes back to some sort of normal. Will GC lose her job as a result of this? I can understand people saying that she should, but what a double whammy if she honestly thought she was in love.

I know it's easy to point the finger at 'the other woman', but we don't know what he told her, or any of the personal circumstances. I don't see the affair in and of itself as being the issue here. It's they hypocrisy and corruption that is in the public interest, however much the public may be interested in the more salacious side of the story.

theworriedwell Sat 26-Jun-21 12:22:04

B9exchange

There are reports that Matt Hancock's wife was seen leaving their house last night with what looked like overnight bags. The poor woman, even if she was just going to get away from the press, who must be camped outside.

dragonfly46 Sat 26-Jun-21 12:12:25

I agree Lucky so many things wrong here.
He has to resign!

May7 Sat 26-Jun-21 12:08:23

Correct me if I'm wrong winterwhite but wasn't it Matt Hancock that said Downing Street was a better place to work now that Cummings had gone

Doodledog Sat 26-Jun-21 12:02:12

GrannyGravy13

I am not supporting Mr.Hancock’s behaviour.

I can understand how at the beginning of the pandemic that contracts were awarded here there and everywhere in order to procure PPE the world and its wife were all trying to buy the same items.

Seriously? This isn't like having a leaky boiler and being desperate to get hold of a plumber who will come out on Christmas Eve.

Lives were at stake, and there were British companies offering to provide PPE. As in companies who had experience of providing PPE, and routinely tendered for the (ever diminishing number of ) PPE contracts for the NHS. Given the cuts over the past ten or more years, they would have been raring to go. Surely they would be an obvious first choice in the circumstances?

But no. Ignoring the many companies who were geared up to provide PPE, he contacts his girlfriend's brother. And his publican. Come on. I'm all for cutting a bit of slack for human error, but that is (in both cases) a few steps too far.

As for the cameras, the HOC will (rightly) have them all over the place, as it will be a security target. I don't find that remotely suspicious. What is more interesting to me is the timing. May 6th is a long time ago in politics. It could be that it was only yesterday that the security company reviewed the footage on the cameras, but that is a strange timelag - I would have thought it would be done more regularly and often. It seems to me more likely that they were uncovered at the time, and someone has been sitting on them ever since.

Now, who could that have been? Someone who thought Hancock was a bit hopeless, but knows that if he (Hancock) were to be sacked for incompetence it would show that leadership skills at the top of governement are on the patchy side? Granted, an air of shocked outrage would sit better on someone who had an unimpeachable record when it came personal and professional integrity, so the suspects are few, but if the mystery person were to publicly write it all off as a peccadillo and persuade Hancock to resign to spend more time with his family, if they are still speaking to him, maybe that would keep the voters happy?

If this mystery man (or woman) were able to offer little sweeteners such as promises of lucrative positions down the line, all to the good - these things blow over when the next big story hits, and can be buried under more interesting news stories, particularly if the chap (or woman) concerned had a modicum of media influence. ?

May7 Sat 26-Jun-21 12:00:26

Luckygirl good post. You have summed this up perfectly.

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 11:55:23

And remember how outraged he was about Neil Ferguson!!

Alegrias1 Sat 26-Jun-21 11:52:49

I actually do feel a bit sorry for him (I know, I know)

I think he's not very bright. Remember that time months ago when he was caught on camera patting somebody on the back in Parliament, when we were deep in lockdown? He's been promoted way above his level of competence. He's got no self awareness and probably doesn't know what he's done wrong until somebody points it out.

He's a dope, but he's not intentionally trying to shaft us; this is how he thinks the world works. This is what happens if the electorate doesn't care about who its representatives are.

He should resign, of course. No question.

Lucca Sat 26-Jun-21 11:50:32

My Italian friend has this to say “until a few years ago your politicians commanded respect and credibility….whereas ours had lost that a long time ago”