Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

One rule for them , another for us !

(18 Posts)
westendgirl Sat 07-Aug-21 15:49:41

What do Gransnetters think about the P.M. not having to go into isolation after being in close contact with an advisor on the trip to Scotland ?

westendgirl Sat 07-Aug-21 15:50:37

Sorry should have said the advisor tested positive .

Ilovecheese Sat 07-Aug-21 15:52:01

He doesn't think the rules should apply to him, so I am not the least bit surprised.

Esspee Sat 07-Aug-21 16:10:51

One law for him, another for the hoi polloi.
Know your place woman. How dare you criticise our revered leader. ?

Callistemon Sat 07-Aug-21 16:18:52

Is the message that once you've had Covid you can't catch it again and wouldn't be able to pass it on to anyone else?

Wait for a new announcement re track and trace and self-isolating on Monday.

MoorlandMooner Sat 07-Aug-21 16:52:03

I am worn down by the lies, the one rule for you/one for us, the corruption, terrible decisions, austerity, contracts for friends, flagship yachts, a minister up against an office door with his hands all over his mistress, throwaway remarks to taunt the press and us about closing the mines, hiding in fridges, oven ready deals, using private jets to travel to climate conferences in Cornwall, stupid three word slogans that mean nothing and most of all, I am tired of people still defending them and their indefensible actions.

Alegrias1 Sat 07-Aug-21 16:57:00

MoorlandMooner, well said.

Oldbat1 Sat 07-Aug-21 16:58:57

MoorlandMooner well said. I totally agree. Lies lies and more lies what a total disgrace he is. Even some Tory MPs are embarrassed.

Lucca Sat 07-Aug-21 17:10:40

Conflicting reports too…. One lot saying they were at opposite ends of the plane and another saying they sat together at one point to talk.

Doodledog Sat 07-Aug-21 17:26:31

Excellent post, MoorlandMooner

Blossoming Sat 07-Aug-21 17:27:30

MoorlandMother totally agree.

Niobe Sat 07-Aug-21 17:33:41

Well put MoorlandMother!
And Alok Sharma thinks the rules don’t apply to him either!
??

NotSpaghetti Sat 07-Aug-21 17:35:21

Why would anyone think Johnson would bother to isolate?
He doesn't care.

PippaZ Sat 07-Aug-21 17:37:23

I agree MoorlandMooner

Elleee Sat 07-Aug-21 20:00:05

MoorlandMooner you win the Internet today, bravo ?

maddyone Sun 08-Aug-21 00:24:27

I’m really annoyed about the minister who’s been jet setting around the world to about thirty different countries, six or seven of them on the red list and he hasn’t had to quarantine! Why not? If a PCR test is good enough for him, why isn’t it good enough for the rest of us?

MaizieD Mon 09-Aug-21 11:42:24

maddyone

I’m really annoyed about the minister who’s been jet setting around the world to about thirty different countries, six or seven of them on the red list and he hasn’t had to quarantine! Why not? If a PCR test is good enough for him, why isn’t it good enough for the rest of us?

Not only no quarantine but what is the Minister who is leading on cop26 doing jetting off round the world on 30+ flights

www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/06/one-rule-for-them-alok-sharma-criticised-over-flights-to-30-countries

GillT57 Mon 09-Aug-21 11:45:29

Lucca

Conflicting reports too…. One lot saying they were at opposite ends of the plane and another saying they sat together at one point to talk.

or as most of us would call it; lies.