Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Immuosuppressed and Covid Vaccines Webinar

(20 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 14-Oct-21 18:28:19

For those who are immunosuppressed and looking for more info on the vaccines, , there is a Zoe webinar on Thursday 28th of October.

It's free to sign up.

covid.joinzoe.com/webinar/vaccines-and-immunosuppressed

Marydoll Thu 14-Oct-21 18:30:06

Sorry, link hasn't worked, I'll repost.

covid.joinzoe.com/webinar/covid-vaccines-immune-system

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 01:09:36

Thank you Mary
That’s really helpful smile

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 07:43:49

I'm bumping this, as it's falling of the Active list

shysal Fri 15-Oct-21 08:06:26

Thanks Marydoll, I will have a look.
I had my booster vaccine on Saturday, but yesterday I received a letter from Rheumatology telling me to withhold the Methotrexate for a week afterwards. Too late, I took it on Wednesday! I asked them about this before the initial jab and was informed that there was no need to change anything, so I am sure there will be no problem. I did get my antibodies checked a while ago and found I had the highest level of protection, which surprised and pleased me!

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 08:11:03

shysal, there is so much conflicting advice at the moment. That is why I have registered for the webinar.

I inject biologics once a week and was told not to stop them, before having the vaccine. My RA consultant himself admitted to having a lack of information. What hope do the rest of us have!

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 12:02:27

Bump!

AcornFairy Fri 15-Oct-21 12:23:21

Marydoll

I'm bumping this, as it's falling of the ^Active list^

Sorry Marydoll but I don't understand. Please can you translate!

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 12:35:27

AcornFairy it keeps the thread visible to users.
The Active List is just that. Threads that have recently been commented on.
That’s why I ‘bumped’ it.
People may not need or want to post on it, but we want as many people as possible to see it.

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 13:00:11

Thank Fanny! I am not expecting any replies, but thought the fair number on GN, who are immunosuppressed, may be interested.

AcornFairy Fri 15-Oct-21 13:21:35

FannyCornforth

AcornFairy it keeps the thread visible to users.
The Active List is just that. Threads that have recently been commented on.
That’s why I ‘bumped’ it.
People may not need or want to post on it, but we want as many people as possible to see it.

Thank you for explaining FannyCornforth.

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 13:25:47

You’re welcome!

AcornFairy Fri 15-Oct-21 13:29:32

Marydoll

Sorry, link hasn't worked, I'll repost.

covid.joinzoe.com/webinar/covid-vaccines-immune-system

Marydoll I've tried that link but it brings up a webinar that was evidently held in March this year. Am I missing something?!

Lizzie72 Fri 15-Oct-21 13:53:51

covid.joinzoe.com/webinar/vaccines-and-immunosuppressed

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 13:58:40

Lizzie, thank you.

The page should look like this.

AcornFairy Fri 15-Oct-21 15:48:45

Thank you Lizzie72 and Marydoll.

Callistemon Fri 15-Oct-21 16:43:58

Marydoll

*shysal*, there is so much conflicting advice at the moment. That is why I have registered for the webinar.

I inject biologics once a week and was told not to stop them, before having the vaccine. My RA consultant himself admitted to having a lack of information. What hope do the rest of us have!

Marydoll some existing medicines are being trialled for use in the future in the fight against Covid.
I'm not sure if some are biologics or not; there does seem to be a lack of awareness about this in the medical profession, even amongst those who prescribe them for other conditions.

Marydoll Fri 15-Oct-21 17:04:57

The biologic I am on has been used in Covid ICU with promising results. However, this has caused a worldwide shortage, which has directly affected me. My injections are being delivered sporadically, which is very worrying to say the least.

Callistemon Fri 15-Oct-21 17:11:47

That is a major worry, Marydoll.

Elusivebutterfly Fri 15-Oct-21 22:05:06

Even for those not immunosuppressed, inputting on the Zoe app daily, listening to Tim Spector's weekly updates and Zoe's occasional webinars is both useful and interesting.