Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Booster jab side effects.

(102 Posts)
Bopeep14 Sun 05-Dec-21 20:29:20

I had my booster jab on Tuesday evening, by Wednesday lunch time I was feeling poorly.

I spent 2 days in bed quite ill, by Friday I was feeling better, but I still do not feel right, I have no energy, I still feel nauseous and so weak, just walking upstairs is hard.

Has anyone else had a bad reaction to the booster, if so how long before you felt better?

dayvidg Mon 06-Dec-21 11:31:58

Interesting video regarding the importance of correct procedure for vaccinations.
naturallyhealthynews.info/incorrect-vaccination-is-this-why-there-are-so-many-side-effects-with-the-vaccines/

Dempie55 Mon 06-Dec-21 11:34:59

1st jab (AZ) - felt awful - shivers, chills, fever, headache, tired, had to go to bed for 24 hours
2nd jab (AZ) - similar, but milder, didn't need to go to bed
Booster (Pfizer) - felt very tired the day after and a bit cold. Had to go for a 2 hour nap around 4 pm. Next day felt fine.
Re sore arm: with my flu jab, I never feel a thing. With these vaccines, each time I have felt a surge through my arm, almost like an electric shock, as soon as the drug is injected. Sore arm for a few days afterwards with all 3 jabs. I really don't like having these vaccines, though I know they are essential.

Purpledaffodil Mon 06-Dec-21 11:36:20

All three were Pfizer.
1. Felt fluey with banging headache for a couple of days
2. Felt very very cold
Booster . No side effects really. Slightly sore arm. Hurrah!!
DH had no side effects with any. Luck or otherwise isn’t it?

grandmaz Mon 06-Dec-21 11:39:18

I had AZ for the first two and was mildly unwell for a couple of days after the first. Had Moderna for my booster and had some quite scary side effects for over a fortnight…thought I’d had some sort of ‘neurological event’ as I couldn’t get my words out/think or function properly … not to mention a blinding headache for 36 hours, vertigo, nausea and very shaky arms and weak legs, plus for four days an extremely painful arm. A month on and I’m fine again…but I was shocked and unprepared for such an extreme cascade of reactions. I started to feel better after two weeks and have gradually returned to normal. I did do PCRs to check and did speak to 111 and my GP surgery. Despite all the reactions I do still believe that it’s right to get the vaccines and I’ll get the next booster as /when it becomes due as I image it will… I’m sure I’ll be pretty nervous though after the latest experience!

Cagsy Mon 06-Dec-21 11:40:30

I haven't felt a thing with any of them, 1 and 2 were AZ and booster Pfizer, DH had them at the same time and again no side effects at all. I do hope that's it though, don't want to have to keep taking them and very cynical about how much money is flowing from tax payers around the world making a few people very rich.

Nannan2 Mon 06-Dec-21 11:51:03

Gosh yes Bopeep- i was exactly the same- 2days ill in bed- and still fatigued‐ i was just fine with 1st & 2nd pfizer covid jab- but had pfizer also for booster, and wiped out 2days & a constant banging headache, a cough that was so bad my ribs hurt, and felt hot & flu like. Could only drink water & 2nd day eat chicken noodle clear soup.Have they made the boosters stronger maybe than the 1st &2nd jabs????

greenlady102 Mon 06-Dec-21 11:56:11

first AZ, a couple of hours of the shivers
second AZ nothing

Pfizer booster I was flat on my back for 3 days then tired and sleepy with no appetite....also nausea and the runs. BUT I had exacctly the same when I had my first over 65's flu vaccine, the one with the adjuvant in. In subsequent years I have been fine with it

My older sisters never get any reaction to anything. They say I am a wimp!!

dayvidg Mon 06-Dec-21 11:56:32

supposed to be a half dose.
www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-booster-dose-resources/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-booster-vaccination-for-individuals-aged-18-years-and-over

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 11:57:23

Aveline

I wonder how much the technique of the vaccinator contributes to sore arms. I'm sure the exact spot on the arm to vaccinate plays a part. Twice I literally didn't feel a thing and couldn't believe it was done but another time I was aware of a needle going in and slowly discharging into my arm.

Agree with you on that. First 2 never felt a thing, no after effects
3rd injection was uncomfortable, arm hurt , then really hurt all night. Next day felt wobbly and unwell, lay down on the settee at 2pm and didn't rise (except for loo and tea) untill 10 pm
when I went to bed and slept again untill morning. Had a vile headache and chills and muscle pain; horrible.
Fortunately felt fine the next day;
3 pfizer vaccinations

Lupin Mon 06-Dec-21 12:00:06

Had 2 x Pzer and 1 Moderna booster. Apart from a slightly sore arm each time I had no discernible side affects.

Theoddbird Mon 06-Dec-21 12:02:40

My arm ached for a couple of days but that is all.

greenlady102 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:03:56

dayvidg

Interesting video regarding the importance of correct procedure for vaccinations.
naturallyhealthynews.info/incorrect-vaccination-is-this-why-there-are-so-many-side-effects-with-the-vaccines/

I don't think that's a very reliable site as it advertises "quack medicine" .....for one thing there are no large blood vessels in the injection site (unless you have a really unusual blood vessel network) therefore chances of injecting straight into a blood vessel are vanishingly small which is why that site is chosen in the first place.

coastalgran Mon 06-Dec-21 12:04:45

I felt a bit short changed, I have had 3 covid injections and 2 flu injections - one last year and one this year. Not a side effect with any of them and here I was preparing to do my best ill drama queen to get some sympathy from family. Still I can feel a bit smug that I sailed through them all.

pen50 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:05:47

No 1 - AZ - sick for 24 hours;
No 2 - AZ - extreme tiredness for 24 hours;
Booster - Pfizer - sore arm for a week.

TillyWhiz Mon 06-Dec-21 12:07:04

Oh I did it in style! First two AZ, just achy arm. Flu jab in same arm and every now and then I feel like I'm being jabbed again. So I had the Pfizer booster in the other arm and have not had any ache. BUT I had family staying so had jab early then we took ourselves off for the day. Mid pm and I felt a bit odd in M&S but managed to fit in a shoe shop. Going back to the multistorey carpark, the tiredness was increasing and by the time I climbed the stairs, fatigue took over and I fainted on a very gritty floor. Luckily DIL is a nurse and they got me home to bed where first I got the icy chills then spent 24 hours in bed before I felt the fatigue melt away. So lesson is don't do 11,000 + steps when you've just had the booster!

Aveline Mon 06-Dec-21 12:07:04

I'm the same coastalgran. Maybe no reaction means it's not affected our immune systems shock

BlueSky Mon 06-Dec-21 12:17:41

I was absolutely fine after the two original AZ jabs, felt a bit unwell for about two days after the Pfizer booster with a sore arm.

Grantanow Mon 06-Dec-21 12:20:46

No problem with the two Pfizer jabs or the Pfizer booster except for slight soreness of my arm which wore off in hours. No problem with the flu jab either.

SueSocks Mon 06-Dec-21 12:21:58

We had AZ for our first vaccinations and Pfizer for the booster,. Both had very little side effects from AZ. With Pfizer I had a really painful arm, couldn't lift that arm to brush my hair! OH had really bad shivers from the booster. Both symptoms for about 24 hours. I think it is a price worth paying to get the protection from the booster.

sazz1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:31:53

1 AZ
fell 3 times no memory of falling,temperature, shaking for an hour, sleepy, injection type pain to kidneys
2 AZ
Temperature, shaking all night, sleeping all day
3 Pfizer
Very tired, aching limbs, abdominal pain, shaky hands, no appetite, feeling muzzy headed,no temperature though.
Have not fallen over for years and not fallen since. Worrying that I don't remember falling just being on the floor. Apart from a slight scratch on my hand and a bruise on my elbow I didn't get hurt.

LynneH Mon 06-Dec-21 12:32:17

Did you have AZ originally, and Pfizer as your booster? That would explain your response

Rozzy Mon 06-Dec-21 12:38:44

I had mine on Saturday & arm felt sore & later had a splitting headache which I'm still warding off today, Monday, with regular paracetamol. Headache was my main symptom with actual Covid too which I had in January...

Jaffacake2 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:47:06

Anaphylaxis after 2nd Astra Seneca jab needing treatment with adrenaline and blue lighted to hospital.
Have been told by Dr that I could try the booster but no guarantees it wouldn't happen again.
But sad and anxious but not going to have any more vaccines. But like Russian roulette for me.

Alioop Mon 06-Dec-21 12:47:38

I'm going in Sat for my booster, a bit nervous now, although when I had AZ for first two and this one will be Pfizer. I was ok with my first two, just sore arm and a bit of a headache. I'm waiting to get the flu one on the 29th as I've never had it before so don't know if I'll have a reaction to it. I'll dose with paracetamol before I go and keep my fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Silvertwigs Mon 06-Dec-21 12:58:05

Not even a sore arm.