Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Dr Mike Yeardon on asymptomatic Covid

(34 Posts)
MrsHappy Tue 11-Jan-22 12:40:27

I would encourage gransnetters to watch this clip of Dr Yeardon and give their opinions. I am not sure what to believe.

youtu.be/PVGDZ2oowfU

You need to copy and paste into your browser.

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 12:47:33

I would encourage Gransnetters not to watch the clip as Yeadon is a well known covid denier who misrepresents his credentials and he is being interviewed by Neil Oliver on GBNews.

To put it bluntly, he's a lying git.

Hope that helps MrsHappy.

EllanVannin Tue 11-Jan-22 12:49:57

Interesting and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 12:50:43

Well this is going well.

www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

Zoejory Tue 11-Jan-22 12:51:52

I don't believe him, MrsHappy

Lucca Tue 11-Jan-22 12:53:29

Alegrias1

I would encourage Gransnetters not to watch the clip as Yeadon is a well known covid denier who misrepresents his credentials and he is being interviewed by Neil Oliver on GBNews.

I’ll take your advice Alegrias thanks

EllanVannin Tue 11-Jan-22 12:55:58

But aren't we supposed to believe doctors/ scientists and professors ?

Jaxjacky Tue 11-Jan-22 13:03:21

Oh, the bloke who reckons the vaccine makes people magnetic, I’ll pass thanks MrsHappy.

Ro60 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:06:41

??

Ro60 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:07:44

Maybe do a bit more general research Mrshappy

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:19:04

I think its OK for MrsHappy to ask on here what people think of the clip. I think this counts as general research!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:23:12

I would encourage Gransnetters to watch the video, as I assume that they are old enough and intelligent enough to make their own mind up without being told what to think.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 11-Jan-22 13:29:15

I always follow Alegrias’s advice on matters covid.?

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:30:00

That's an interesting approach though, isn't it?

Because what Yeadon is saying is unadulterated rubbish, so while normally people should be encouraged to make their own minds up about things that are matters of opinion, its not fair to encourage the further spread of misinformation and covid denial.

Is it?

Streaky Tue 11-Jan-22 13:30:21

I hadn’t realised Neil Oliver had gone over to the dark side. I used to like him doing the history and nature programmes, with his long flowing locks. I hardly recognised him. Has he become another David Icke?

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:30:36

Germanshepherdsmum

I always follow Alegrias’s advice on matters covid.?

OK, that's a bit too much responsibility for me shock wink

LilacChaser Tue 11-Jan-22 13:34:33

What was he saying, exactly? That asymptomatic covid is irrelevant?

I must admit that I've questioned the number of supposed asymptomatic people - one in 3 is it supposed to be? I don't know anybody who's had covid and been asymptomatic (after a positive covid test) - everyone I've known has had symptoms.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:47:45

Alegrias1

That's an interesting approach though, isn't it?

Because what Yeadon is saying is unadulterated rubbish, so while normally people should be encouraged to make their own minds up about things that are matters of opinion, its not fair to encourage the further spread of misinformation and covid denial.

Is it?

Yes, my approach assumes a certainly level of intelligence and not a sheep like one.

Alegrias1 Tue 11-Jan-22 13:50:22

Many online platforms delete misinformation though. That case of the senator in the US recently, for instance, who got banned from Twitter.

Esspee Tue 11-Jan-22 14:02:12

I know nothing about Mike Yeardon MrsHappy but if it is something Neil Oliver is promoting I'm not going to waste my time watching.
Only yesterday I referred to Oliver as the Scottish David Icke in an email to my son Streaky, so clearly we think alike.

Grannybags Tue 11-Jan-22 15:57:30

Lucca

Alegrias1

I’ll take your advice Alegrias thanks

Me too!

Farmor15 Tue 11-Jan-22 16:03:01

Unfortunately "People with science doctorates and medical degrees are not immune to believing untrue things..."
There are many others apart from Yeadon who seem to have been persuaded by the anti-vax movement. In Ireland, a professor (Dolores Cahill) teaching medical students was finally removed from her post after holding various rallies and making false claims about Covid and vaccination. www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-health/strange-case-dr-cahill-and-ms-hyde
Previously she had been a well respected academic in biomedical area with many publications.

aggie Tue 11-Jan-22 16:06:17

I watched with my eyebrows on permanent raise , only at the end did I realise that this was on that GB thing , poor man really is deluded

geekesse Tue 11-Jan-22 17:41:34

He is a retired pharmacologist whose PhD thesis was on the respiratory systems of rats. I’m not convinced that qualifies him to be an expert on Covid 19 in humans.

Hetty58 Tue 11-Jan-22 17:49:54

MrsHappy, it's widely recognised that Mike Yeardon is a complete laughing stock in scientific circles - so do bear that in mind.