Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Cases on the up

(105 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Daisymae Fri 04-Mar-22 16:09:18

It seems that cases are creeping up again. Not a surprise really. I went to a supermarket this week, Only the second time in 2 years and I would say about 20% of people were wearing a mask. www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-death-latest-figures-uk-omicron-b2027933.html

Farzanah Tue 15-Mar-22 13:18:33

Absolutely Callistemon. I saw the first primroses whilst out walking today.
Awareness and care about the many threats to our, and others well-being and existence, without cancelling out any positive experiences is quite possible. I don’t believe it’s indulgent, in fact I appreciate more, things which I may previously taken for granted.

Farzanah Tue 15-Mar-22 16:50:32

I see Scotland are keeping rules for face coverings in shops and public transport until April due to the rise in cases.
Another critical incident was declared at our local general hospitals last weekend, the fourth this year. This means they cannot admit patients and appointments are cancelled. Covid is still alive and well here!

maddyone Tue 15-Mar-22 17:31:46

Covid is alive and well everywhere. I’m very unhappy about this free for all that the government are allowing.

AreWeThereYet Tue 15-Mar-22 18:40:52

Last week we spent two hours in the back garden bird watching with some Ukrainians. It was wonderful to hear the little girl laugh at the robins. I was a bit apprehensive in case our guests thought we were somehow making light of, or ignoring, their problems.

In the words of the Mum 'Please, Ukraine and everything happening, and the worry, is always inside us. But we would go mad if sometimes we did not try to think of something else. And I do not want my daughter to be always frightened. We must try to do ordinary things so we are not always wondering what is to come.'

Sometimes it is good to take a step back and think about something else.