Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I've got covid

(174 Posts)
farview Thu 17-Mar-22 15:57:44

After all this time...have picked up covid...feeling absolutely terrible...its like a butterfly..flitting around...lower back pain, intermittent headaches, legs and shoulders painful...and a temperature....but so cold that I'm in bed fully dressed, hot water bottle and a woolly hat on....look like a bag lady .....I'm nearly 70, fit, this is the first time I've ever spent a whole day in bed!!....

LilyoftheValley Tue 29-Mar-22 21:27:22

I do hope it gets better soon OP. |Please take great care. \I didn't want to eat when \I had it but my daughter kept me supplied with little slices of baby oranges which were so welcome.

Floradora9 Tue 29-Mar-22 21:22:08

We made the mistake of flying off on holiday to the Canaries . DH came home feeling ill and tested positive. He has a bad chest and is just exhausted . We have had to cancel hospital appointments and we should have had our second booster this week . It will be at least 4 weeks before we can get it now. Just when life was getting back to normal too .

Sar53 Tue 29-Mar-22 19:24:59

I finally tested negative today, 10 days after my symptoms first appeared.
I'm still a bit sniffly and bunged up but so much better than I was this time last week.
I went for a walk around the block this morning and was very tired when I returned home.
My very best wishes to anyone still suffering, it does get better, honestly.

farview Tue 29-Mar-22 19:01:59

I tested negative on approximately day 8...still have a cough a few days later....but the tiredness has gone...H has it now and he has terrible sore throat which I didn't have...get well soon all who have covid ?

VioletSky Tue 29-Mar-22 17:31:32

I know someone positive for the 3rd time, and it seems to be seeking out all those who escaped it so far

PinkCosmos Tue 29-Mar-22 16:05:49

I tested positive a week ago. I have had a head cold, headache and a cough (mainly at night). I don't feel any more tired than normal.

My DH also has Covid and is still positive after ten days and still has symptoms.

Covid seems to be spreading quite rapidly in our area. Just glad I have had all the vaccinations.

I am a bit worried about my SIL as she is an anti-vaxxer

GagaJo Tue 29-Mar-22 16:05:03

But thank you!

GagaJo Tue 29-Mar-22 16:04:57

I'm fine VS. I work online and it's just carry on as normal here. In some ways, it's easier now I know I'm + too. If I'd been negative, I'd have had 10 days of looking after DGS on my own! A fate worse than death.

VioletSky Tue 29-Mar-22 15:59:32

Hope you make a quick recovery Gagajo

GagaJo Tue 29-Mar-22 15:59:27

NanaPlenty

Far view I hope by now you are feeling a bit better ? After two years of dodging it I’ve come down with it today. I felt like I had no energy yesterday and then last night got terrible pain in my neck back and shoulder which is stopping me lying down ?anyone else had this? I’m cold ? so cold in clothes a thick cardigan a furry dressing gown and a blanket ! I’m a real child when I’m poorly…..hope this doesn’t last too long.

I had this yesterday! Thought nothing of it, or that I'd slept badly on it.

GagaJo Tue 29-Mar-22 15:58:27

We've all tested positive in my house today. DGS was ill and off school Friday (headache) but recovered after 2 hours. DD tested + at 6am Monday so was off work. DGS and I did a PCR test yesterday (results today), in theory to rule him as negative so he could go back to school.

On Friday, I woke up with a horrible headache. In the middle of the night last night, I had bad cold symptoms. DGS and DD have hacking coughs but feel fine. I'm just a bit coldy. Nothing major.

Waiting to see if any of us deteriorate.

AGAA4 Tue 29-Mar-22 15:55:03

My DS has been sick today. Someone in his office tested positive last Wednesday. He has had a negative test so far

kittylester Tue 29-Mar-22 15:20:20

Anyone else had an upset stomach. DGD3 was sick the day before she tested +ve as did dd3.

DH and I are both positive. He is very 'windy' and I have times where I need to get to the loo fairly quickly.

And, please tell me the tiredness goes eventually.

singingnutty Tue 29-Mar-22 13:03:51

Both DH and I have now ‘recovered’ in the sense of feeling better and testing negative but he still has a bad cough. We both feel very tired after doing anything and also in the evening - lack of energy. Now that testing is ceasing, how will we know if another variant comes along to which we may have limited immunity? I think that freeing up restrictions is a good idea as we can’t live in fear for ever, but can we trust those who are making the decisions to be making them on the evidence available, particularly as they seem to be deciding not to collect any evidence now?

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 29-Mar-22 11:19:59

From what I understand from Government and NHS websites, after 10 days you are not longer contagious, even if still testing positive. My Covid App told me to isolate for 10 days.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 29-Mar-22 10:45:33

I tested negative on day 12 and day 13.

Still exhausted though and still have the sniffles.

Jody1234 Mon 28-Mar-22 21:47:47

Hello NanaPlenty. I too have tested positive. I had a dreadful night last night, had to stay sitting up all night, no sleep and pains like you in neck back and shoulder. I was negative yesterday. I have had three vaccinations, and one flu jab.
Hope you soon feel better.

NanaPlenty Sat 26-Mar-22 19:50:53

Far view I hope by now you are feeling a bit better ? After two years of dodging it I’ve come down with it today. I felt like I had no energy yesterday and then last night got terrible pain in my neck back and shoulder which is stopping me lying down ?anyone else had this? I’m cold ? so cold in clothes a thick cardigan a furry dressing gown and a blanket ! I’m a real child when I’m poorly…..hope this doesn’t last too long.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 22-Mar-22 15:58:38

I’m on day 10 still testing positive, although the little line takes longer to show and it’s fainter than it has been before.
Feel worse today though, cold has come back with a cough.

Will wait a couple more days before testing again as I only have a couple of LFTs left and couldn't get any more this morning

farview Tue 22-Mar-22 15:50:07

Iam64...I would think that is very likely..hope you feel better soon.

Iam64 Tue 22-Mar-22 14:04:05

Saw my doc today as still coughing and exhausted. He wonders if I’ve had covid and the LFT gave false negatives

Liz46 Tue 22-Mar-22 12:23:32

I'm on day 8, the sun is shining so I was happier. I went into the garden, tried to pull up a couple of little weeds but couldn't.

I feel a bit better apart from lack of strength and muzzy head.

I hope everyone who has it manages to enjoy a bit of sun. It should cheer us up.

Frosty60 Mon 21-Mar-22 21:47:15

farview

*Frosty60*....?‍♀️....all we can do is our best eh?...whilst trying to live our lives as well..?

Yes, you’re correct. ?

farview Mon 21-Mar-22 21:04:39

Frosty60....?‍♀️....all we can do is our best eh?...whilst trying to live our lives as well..?

Frosty60 Mon 21-Mar-22 19:54:17

farview

Wishing all of you well....has helped me to see others on here with similar symptoms....actually didnt think I would ever get it after being careful (not neurotic or ocd about it..just sensible/careful)...for two years and having been triple jabbed ..its a sneaky one this virus ☹

It certainly is a sneaky one, you’re right. I was the same as you, took every precaution I could to protect myself from getting it but it found it’s way to me ?