Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Chelsea Flower show and Covid

(62 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-May-22 13:45:50

Personal choice MayBee70 we only have to act in a way that we feel comfortable with.

MayBee70 Thu 26-May-22 13:16:11

I spoke to my ex last week and he said everyone he knew was just living normally again but he also said that people do still give people more space so I think it’s important that we do adapt to a new normal and hugging and kissing are a no no.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-May-22 09:58:37

I am and have always been a hugger I missed hugs with friends and family so much during lockdowns.

So pleased to be able to return and give hugs once more ❤️

ElaineI Thu 26-May-22 09:57:35

I'm still wearing masks in shops but probably in the minority. Stopped wearing them to collect DGC from school/nursery as outside in playground for school and nursery minimising amount of adults through keeping different pick up times for children. Still testing if I'm meeting people. Both DDs still testing for work and DD2 still has to wear mask at work NHS.

Kate1949 Thu 26-May-22 09:46:46

We don't have to hug people. I'm not sure where that came from. I find it very uncomfortable, especially these days.

Witzend Thu 26-May-22 09:42:23

Hugging aside, I’ve been to Chelsea on a wet, chilly day so of course the marquees were absolutely heaving, not to mention warm and steamy.

We’ve both had it mildly and I don’t really think about COVID any more, but if there happened to be any about, I should think Chelsea on a wet day - like one or two recently in the area - would be a good way for it to spread.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 26-May-22 09:38:51

Three weeks ago DH and I were in the security queues at a nearby airport. There were 2 lines one for being for fast track. I did feel slightly uncomfortable and commented to DH. It seems crazy to be huddled together in a narrow corridor when not that longer ago it would have been the last thing we would have done. Madness.

rosie1959 Thu 26-May-22 09:34:40

I have never been one for hugging random people before Covid so not likely to start now.
Life is now returning to normal for most I have been doing normal activities now for the last year and I don’t avoid any social gatherings as being reasonably fit and healthy I don’t feel the need. I only know one person who is still avoiding social contact.

Daisymae Thu 26-May-22 08:29:43

wildswan16

I met with 3 friends for coffee today. We hugged, we sat round the table for a couple of hours. We never spoke or thought about Covid.

It is with us, we have to live with it, we cannot continually be fearful.

We do understand that for those who are immuno-compromised or vulnerable, that Covid is very scary and it must be yet another major issue you have to deal with. But the rest of the country must get back to normal working/living etc at some point.

There may yet be another strain of the virus appearing and causing problems, but we will have to deal with that as it happens.

Well, yes but I'm sure that you didn't make a point of going to each table and hug a random person.

wildswan16 Wed 25-May-22 14:17:09

I met with 3 friends for coffee today. We hugged, we sat round the table for a couple of hours. We never spoke or thought about Covid.

It is with us, we have to live with it, we cannot continually be fearful.

We do understand that for those who are immuno-compromised or vulnerable, that Covid is very scary and it must be yet another major issue you have to deal with. But the rest of the country must get back to normal working/living etc at some point.

There may yet be another strain of the virus appearing and causing problems, but we will have to deal with that as it happens.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 25-May-22 13:30:25

That’s what I thought.

Daisymae Wed 25-May-22 13:29:41

OK so I know that we are all over the pandemic, but anyone surprised by the amount of hugging going on? I did think that some of the recipients looked a tad uncomfortable. Crowds of people, no masks. I'm still gearing up to go out for lunch!