Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

4th Covid Vaccine Refusal?

(209 Posts)
Welshy Mon 02-Jan-23 19:30:19

Is there anyone who has refused to have the 4th Covid Vaccine? I am due to have mine soon, but so undecided this time. I always get swollen lymph nodes near my collar bone.

Blossoming Thu 05-Oct-23 16:55:36

I’ve had my latest one today, it’s either the sixth or seventh one I’ve had and I think it was only after the first one that I had any reaction.

LackofCheese Thu 05-Oct-23 15:49:24

It seems there's a lack of jab conspiracies in this thread. How refreshing.

Kim19 Wed 20-Sep-23 21:07:45

I'll take every jab they offer me but just one at a time.

Whiff Wed 20-Sep-23 21:01:46

Amershamchamp go on the NHS app and you will beable to book your Covid jab because your health conditions . Chronic asthma and fibromyalgia qualifies you to have it.

Amershamchamp16 Fri 08-Sep-23 08:55:18

I wish I could be offered a 4th booster. I have multiple health conditions including severe chronic asthma and Fibromyalgia yet I don't fit the current category to be offered one plus am only 62 🤔

Gymstagran Wed 17-May-23 03:58:03

Awake after having covid jab yesterday lunchtime. Bright red hot face, cold hands shivery, just been sick and diarrhea. Wish they didn't affect me like this. This is the 5th jab and only one out of the five didn't have the reaction. Would love to go back to sleep and wake up feeling OK. But to carry on my travels I need to have the jabs. Is anyone else affected like this.

grannysyb Wed 03-May-23 21:47:39

Been offered my 7th jab, will ring and book it tomorrow, only had a reaction to one of them, just slept for two days!

Primrose53 Wed 03-May-23 20:21:08

I remember having my 2nd jab and the nurse telling me about the possible side effects and asking “are you sure you want to go ahead?” I don’t remember at the first or third jabs being asked the same.

There were massive queues and we were just hurried through. In fact, staff were coming down the queue asking people to remove their coats and uncover their arms so they could get them through even quicker.

Marydoll Wed 03-May-23 18:49:54

Toula, it would be helpful if you provided actual scientific evidence.
Natural immunity was working : tell that to those who have died from Covid.

Toula Wed 03-May-23 18:36:30

Televised news article 3 May 23. Australians now starting Class Action Law Suit due to injuries from CV Vax. Swiss Gov no longer giving vax due to concerns. EU also back tracking on vax. UK now following suit. US still vax-ing from 6 months of age. Personally, I was fit and healthy pre CV vax. All down hill after first AZ vax. I have had a hat trick of 3 vax, plus flu. No more. A scientist I met after first vax informed me there was no need. Natural immunity was working.

NanaDana Mon 24-Apr-23 16:00:20

Just had our 6th vaccinations yesterday, as DH and I are both in high risk groups. This latest was the SANOFI vaccine, which is tailored to the more recent variants. Feeling a wee bit ropey today, with a headache and a sore arm, but quite prepared to put up with that. Our attitude is that it would be both personally and socially irresponsible not to get every vaccination that is offered. Touch wood, we've both avoided Covid to date, and based on the bad experiences which some of our family and friends have had with infection, we really don't want to go down that route.

Foxygloves Mon 24-Apr-23 15:54:02

Which might not be unconnected? hmm

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Apr-23 15:51:21

Foxygloves

*Covid make ones vertigo worse* (18 Posts)

I do think so, Charleygirl but I also think the thread may have been deleted.

Oh, I thought it was quite interesting!

But the opposite to what Steve1961 had posted on here 🤔

Foxygloves Mon 24-Apr-23 15:39:50

Covid make ones vertigo worse (18 Posts)

I do think so, Charleygirl but I also think the thread may have been deleted.

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Apr-23 15:21:12

Steve1961 are you the same poster who started a thread about having dizziness and ear problems after having caught Covid?

Steve1961 Mon 24-Apr-23 14:22:18

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Missedout Wed 12-Apr-23 10:24:39

Like Marydoll, I am also CEV. My immune system doesn't work very well. However, I was tested a few times and developed some antibodies as a result of vaccinations but how long-lived they are because of my immune condition is unknown.

I have my 7th vaccination booked for next week - I booked through the NHS app because I read that I was eligible (no-one has notified me this time). As I see it, my immune system needs all the help it can get!

TillyTrotter Wed 12-Apr-23 10:12:26

I had a 2023 Spring booster and will have more if offered in the future.
I felt a little unwell after the last one, for about 12 hours only (like gastric flu symptoms).

cornergran Wed 12-Apr-23 10:05:59

Mr C is waiting heart surgery. The Professor who will operate was adamant, covid jabs are essential for folk with unwell hearts. We’ve booked for the first slot we could find.

henetha Wed 12-Apr-23 09:36:57

I'm having my 6th covid vaccination next week. No problems so far.

yogitree Wed 12-Apr-23 09:24:15

Me too BB. Time for the next one soon.

Farzanah Sat 25-Mar-23 20:28:08

too many people people have been badly affected by the jabs.
I think you will find a great many more have died because they didn’t have a “jab”, and thousands more have long covid.
We’d have been in a much worse state in the U.K. without them, unless you think many older people dying in their thousands was acceptable?

Primrose53 Sat 25-Mar-23 17:14:07

We had the first 3 but will not have any more. Our adult son refused to have any because he said he did not trust them.

We had them mainly so we could go on holiday abroad. He didn’t come. We came back with covid but hardly knew we had it, just dry throats and a bit tired. He then caught it from us and was no worse than us, and that’s with no jabs.

Too many people have been badly affected by the jabs and the Govt are now paying compensation to people damaged or killed by the jabs so no more jabs for us thanks.

Farzanah Fri 13-Jan-23 09:36:11

I’m not sure if GMC are taking action against any U.K. doctors, in the minority hopefully, who are spreading mis information about covid. Haven’t heard of any.

Fleurpepper Thu 12-Jan-23 22:21:41

Terribly sorry Iam64- just can't find the words.

If you can find the strength, you need to report that locum to your GP practice, and explain how distressing it all was, in your sad and difficult circumstances.

My sincere condolences.