Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Les Miserables

(12 Posts)
Hunt Sun 20-Jan-13 00:51:09

Les Mis too Mis for my taste!

Hunt Sun 20-Jan-13 00:50:34

Hoping to go and see Salad Days-last saw it when we got engaged in 1954!

Tegan Sat 19-Jan-13 23:23:52

I've not seen many musicals Rosannie. Saw Pickwick when I was really young and then Cats [I loved that]. The kids loved Joseph and we went to see that a couple of times. And Blood Brothers. And Whistle Down the Wind [which was surprisingly good]. Oh and Starlight Express when it came to Nottingham but they didn't come out into the audience and I have to say I found it very disappointing. I wanted to see 42nd St last year but missed it [can't beat a bit of tap dancing].

Rosannie Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:44

sorry for what Tegan? I appreciate opinions and def support free speech!!
I agree about Eddie, he didn't look right for me in Birdsong either. My first Les mis stage show had a younger, fitter, gorgeous Michael Ball as Marius and he has been the blueprint for me ever since! Watch on stage if you can, it will blow you away I promise.

Tegan Sat 19-Jan-13 20:53:24

Oh no; she's going to read what I said blush. Sorry Rosannie....

Anne58 Sat 19-Jan-13 20:50:09

Thanks GA didn't occur to me to post the link, numpty that I am!

Rosannie Sat 19-Jan-13 20:47:36

Thank you grannyactivist!

grannyactivist Sat 19-Jan-13 20:41:03

Here it is Rosannie click on the blue link. smile

Rosannie Sat 19-Jan-13 20:38:45

Thank you phoenix, I did look but couldn't find a link, where is it?

Anne58 Sat 19-Jan-13 20:37:45

PS You seem to be a new member, welcome, but with a quick trawl through the threads you might have found the one I mentioned, could have saved you a bit of time?

I'm sure you will find a fair few people on here that share your enthusiasm!

Anne58 Sat 19-Jan-13 20:33:57

Rosannie I think if you look you will find a thread along the lines of "omg omg" etc! You will no doubt find a wealth of opinion there!

Rosannie Sat 19-Jan-13 20:30:13

This is my all time favourite stage production and I have seen it 5 times, I have just watched the film version and was amazed to find new perspectives and insights into the story, the relationships, the emotions and the setting of the whole fantastic story. Does anyone else have an opinion about the film?