Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Scott & Bailey

(35 Posts)
Eloethan Fri 03-May-13 14:16:32

Isn't it great to see a detective series in which most of the important characters are women? Also, the most senior positions are held by women.

Also it's nice that the morning "case conferences" are courteous affairs where the detectives are thanked for their hard work at the end of the meeting.

If only this scenario were true in real life!

annodomini Fri 24-May-13 09:03:35

That episode tied up enough loose ends and left room for another series. I'm getting a bit fed up with Bailey's character though. The next series will show her passing her sergeant's exams but let's hope they give Scott back her stripes before that!

Charleygirl Fri 24-May-13 16:33:38

I agree with Printmiss, I do hope that they do another and soon!

trendygran Fri 24-May-13 17:40:58

Love Scott and Bailey and hope another series will be in production very soon. Last night's final was gripping, if a little scary,and so well acted by Amanda Bullimore and Nicola Walker especially. The scenes at Flamborough Head were particularly emotional ,personally, as I have been there so many times since being a very young child. Thankfully no-one has driven over the cliff during my family's visits.

trendygran Sat 25-May-13 20:32:52

That should,of course, read Amelia Bullmore, not Amanda!

laidback Sat 25-May-13 20:45:23

I kinda like Bailey's character. She's human and we all have flaws. Just like us, is anyone perfect?

ps Sat 25-May-13 21:08:23

I hold my hands up and accept I have obviously missed something here as everyone else cannot be wrong. I actually found the story lines coarse and vulgar which spoilt my enjoyment to the extent that although the TV was on I spent my time reading too. I don't think I am a prude, in fact far from it, but I did feel the stories were definitely too cheap and coarse for me.

Ana Sat 25-May-13 21:13:34

Bailey may be someone we can relate to, laidback, but would you really want her trying to get justice for you if you were a victim of crime...? She's too far up her own exhaust pipe! grin

laidback Sat 25-May-13 21:34:30

Ha ha grin

jeanie99 Tue 28-May-13 11:12:32

Watched the last in the series last night, story line good which made a gripping episode, acting superb and the main characters were women.
You can't beat that, (sorry about that lads).
grin