Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

SEE HORRIBLE HISTORIES: HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS FOR JUST £5 A TICKET

(4 Posts)
Tegan Tue 24-Dec-13 15:12:21

Phoned my daughter to tell her; she's really interested. Thanks Jenna.

Tegan Tue 24-Dec-13 15:06:09

Crikey; we were thinking about going to that. I actually checked the seats because, daft as it sounds as if the seats aren't filling up it usually means it's not a very good show [Derby Theatre is a bit hit and miss, although The Big Friendly Giant the other year was one of the best things I've ever seen]. The place was half full so I wasn't sure what to make of it; but my daughter said that Horrible Histories is usually full of school trips. Going to check it out.

POGS Tue 24-Dec-13 14:52:43

How kind of you Jenna.

We live in Leics but I have passed this info on to my daughter, maybe interested, my 7 year old GD loves Horrid Histories, me too. wine

JennaT Tue 24-Dec-13 09:25:18

Here's a little Christmas gift for grandparents near Derby who want to treat their grandchildren this holiday.

Last week I took my two (6 and 11) to see Horrible Histories: Horrible Christmas at Derby Theatre. They loved it! Just like the books and TV shows it's very funny but gives you a history lesson by the back door, this one has a Christmas theme and you learn all about Christmas through the ages. It's classier and cleverer than a panto but still loads of fun and joining in for the kids.

I got an email saying I could come and see the show again for £5 A TICKET - bargain! I've shared with a friend who booked online with no problem so they don't check that you're a repeat booker - here's the info:

Offer applies to the following performances: Monday 30 December (19.15), Tuesday 31 December (13.15), Thursday 2 January (14.15 and 19.15), Friday 3 January (19.15), Saturday 4 January (19.15), Monday 6 January (19.15), Friday 10 January (19.15), Saturday 11 January (19.15).

Simply quote the offer code RUDOLPH to relive the festive fun.

BOOK HERE:
derbytheatre.co.uk/horrible-histories-horrible-christmas

Hope this offer brings a bit more magic to your Christmas break!