Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Past pantos.

(32 Posts)
rubylady Wed 05-Nov-14 21:22:34

I live a few miles from Manchester along with my cousin, my brother in Preston and my little sis in Manchester itself. They all have transport apart from me. smile

rosesarered Wed 05-Nov-14 19:55:45

If you live near any big city there must be a show on [not panto.]? Or travel to London and stay the night.
Ice skating at a garden centre [most thses days have an outside skating rink for December.]
Ten pin bowling? Loads of fun.

soontobe Wed 05-Nov-14 19:14:18

Ice skating if you are prepared to possibly break some bones?!

ninathenana Wed 05-Nov-14 18:10:38

It depends where you are really and how far your willing to travel. smile

rubylady Wed 05-Nov-14 17:43:32

I would have still gone but my brother was not keen but then I don't think he took his own children to be honest, I think his ex wife and her partner took them. It really doesn't matter as long as we are all getting together and having some fun. We are going through a lot at present with elderly parents so some light relief together would be the tonic we need. smile

ninathenana Wed 05-Nov-14 17:31:24

No suggestions but lots of people never outgrow panto. My friend, DH and 26yr old DD go ever year.

rubylady Wed 05-Nov-14 17:03:48

My brother, sister, cousin and I have children who are now passed going to pantomimes and so miss the Christmas outing. We decided yesterday, however, to now swerve the panto in favour of a more grown up show.
Have any GNers any suggestions where four slightly fruit loop adults can go for our Christmas family time together? grin