Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Aladdin and his Ugly Sisters, aided and abetted by cows, dragons, and many other dodgy characters. Oh yes and a sprinkling of fairy dust"

(82 Posts)
Wobblybits Wed 28-Sep-16 17:18:49

The stage is set for the dress rehearsal of our Panto. The fire curtain has been tested (essential with real welsh fire breathing dragons). The audience is settled -- are you ?

So ...

LADIES, GENTLEMEN, CHILDREN, I HAVE GREAT PLEASURE IN PRESENTING OUR 2016 PANTO. IF FIND THE TITLE CONFUSING, YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTTING YET !

Enter stg lft -- principle boy
Enter stg rht -- Welsh Dragon

Probably !

Drum roll --- curtains open

wot Thu 06-Oct-16 13:09:02

grinsmile

Wobblybits Thu 06-Oct-16 13:04:24

The ugly Sister, Jugular, enters armed with a defibrillator to resuscitate the thread (if she finds the Barron, that should clear his blockage)

wot Thu 06-Oct-16 12:58:04

Oh dear, I've killed the thread! Sorry.?

wot Wed 05-Oct-16 21:18:26

Thanks, wobbly! ?

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 20:44:39

PM'd you

wot Wed 05-Oct-16 20:32:46

She'd say "How are you?" And then proceed to tell you how she was before you had a chance to answer!

wot Wed 05-Oct-16 20:31:23

I like the one of her with long hair! She was a bit of a tartar in real life (dare I say)

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 20:29:16

Lots of images of her online

wot Wed 05-Oct-16 20:01:01

Yes, wobbly!!

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 18:50:44

Is this her ?

wot Wed 05-Oct-16 18:17:29

Trying to put a photo on of my aunt Dorothy Ward. Principal Boy. But can't do it. There's loads of stuff about her on Google. I have mentioned her before on GN, ages ago!

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 17:32:05

Baron Hardup's hound enters and spots a tree shock

Swanny Wed 05-Oct-16 17:27:55

Psst! Director! I know I'm singing Nobody Loves a Fairy when she's Forty, with ann, but I'm also a background tree - Silver Birch to be precise. No, don't come any closer! It's been very windy here in Dingley Dell today and some of my leaves have dropped off! Do you think you could ask wardrobe to run something up for me? Maybe a sparkly purple (long-line) windcheater to go with my beautiful long legs silver bark trunk. Pretty pleeease?

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 16:42:50

Barron Hardup enters to more boos.

I hear that Tinkerbell has been abusing her position by turning our characters into hunks, for her own enjoyment. I shall get that Hanky Panky to climb the bean to sort her out, I suspect there has been some hanky panky.

Judthepud2 Wed 05-Oct-16 12:37:55

Hello all. Tinkerbell reporting for duty. Made it to the top of the beanstalk and found a hen that laid golden eggs, a singing harp and a huge smelly giant. I scattered my fairy dust over him and he turned into Aiden Turner. ? So have been a bit distracted.

So glad my magic worked Falconbird! We'll just have to find another ugly sister. Enjoy your new look.

gillybob Wed 05-Oct-16 11:14:36

Good idea cornergran..... Off to find a periscope.

Now I wonder if I will get one a Morrisons this lunch time? hmm

cornergran Wed 05-Oct-16 11:11:57

Oh gilly, I have lost weight, honest! blush. Periscope maybe?

gillybob Wed 05-Oct-16 07:24:51

I just need a tiny bit of notice about a rehearsal . Being the back end of the cow I am late for everything and can't see what's going on for the ar&e covering my face . When's the next rehearsal?

cornergran Wed 05-Oct-16 05:25:00

Pleased to see you crafting, feel bad for abandoning you and gilly, maybe we need a front end understudy too? Any thoughts?

Wobblybits Tue 04-Oct-16 21:10:44

Now we have the backend of the cow, we can have tea, we were just waiting for milk.

Crafting Tue 04-Oct-16 20:37:49

Backend of everything here! Ready for action sorry... acting. Has the catering team arrived yet? I could do with a brew

cornergran Tue 04-Oct-16 19:11:12

Peter Pan last seen resuscitating the front end of a cow dressed in half of a very fetching pink, purple and orange .costume. Apparently mugged by a bed pan wielding Evil Barron who has abducted the rear end and ran off muttering 'where's the barbecue??'

(gilly where are you?)

Wobblybits Tue 04-Oct-16 10:37:59

Hello all, Hanky Panky here again. There are some funny things going on here, just seen this gorgeous girl (legs up to here armpits) wearing the ugly sisters dress, must try and find the ugly sister, she might have been kidnapped (not sure why !). Tinkerbell has disappeared, Mum is nowhere to be found and I saw a nurse chaing the Evil Barron with a bed pan. All very peculiar.
AND, where is our principal boy Alladin, perhaps Peter Pan knows, I'll try to find him.

Falconbird Tue 04-Oct-16 09:48:02

Hi ex ugly sister here. Before she left Tinkerbell sprinkled some fairy dust on me and I've turned pretty.shock

Wobblybits Tue 04-Oct-16 09:18:09

Bumping up the thread.

We are waiting for Tinkerbell to report back, I do hope she is OK, been gone a long while now, perhaps we should get our Dragon to fly up to find her.