Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

James Galway at the BBC

(6 Posts)
BlueSapphire Mon 16-Dec-19 21:47:59

Bit late here, but I watched and thought it was a lovely programme, and recommended it to DD who plays the flute. I am so pleased he is now teaching and passing on his skill. DD has played since she was 10, got her grade 8, then went to uni, and didn't touch it for many years. Pleased to say she now plays for an amateur wind band and thoroughly enjoys it.

Nortsat46 Mon 09-Dec-19 09:22:43

It was a lovely programme.
As a child and young woman I only associated James Galway with ‘Annie’s Song (and had always loved the John Denver version).
However, this programme enabled us to listen to JG play many Mozart pieces and some lovely JS Bach...
What a joy.

Suki70 Sun 08-Dec-19 21:28:57

It was a lovely programme and brought back many memories. Watching James Galway influenced my daughter to learn to play the flute too. She took a couple of exams but then gave up as she found it very difficult. She still has the flute though, can't bear to part with it.

merlotgran Sun 08-Dec-19 21:11:16

Our youngest granddaughter plays the flute. I remember her playing Annie's Song at a school concert when she was ten.

I will watch this on iPlayer.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 08-Dec-19 20:51:57

His music influenced my daughter to play the flute. Lovely sound.

grannyactivist Sun 08-Dec-19 20:44:34

Is anyone else listening to (watching) this? (BBC 4) I very rarely watch live TV, but somehow The Wonderful Man discovered this was on and I'm sitting here listening to the most heavenly music, whist he watches it. The flute is my favourite instrument and TWM is a very proficient player himself (much better than his Grade seven violin (meoooow) or his bass guitar wink).

Worth catching it on iPlayer if you've missed it.