Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

A virtual journey from Bamberg to Venice

(15 Posts)
StarDreamer Wed 10-Aug-22 10:02:56

Departing Wednesday, due to arrive on Friday, to get from Bamberg, Germany to Venice, Italy.

Travelling by train.

We need to change trains at four places along the route, so while we are there, we can have a look around.

LINK > The route from Bamberg to Venice

StarDreamer Wed 10-Aug-22 10:09:22

LINK > Walking in NUREMBERG / Germany - An Evening in the Old Town (1 hour 1 minute 22 seconds)

StarDreamer Wed 10-Aug-22 10:13:15

LINK > Walking in NUREMBERG / Germany (1 hour 17 minutes 59 seconds)

eGJ Wed 10-Aug-22 16:53:26

On your amble round Nuremberg the Albrecht Durer House is worth a visit

museen.nuernberg.de/duererhaus/

StarDreamer Wed 10-Aug-22 22:43:44

LINK > Albrecht Dürer

StarDreamer Thu 11-Aug-22 09:16:22

There are eight POPtravel videos of Munich available on YouTube.

Here is a link to one of them.

LINK > Walking in MUNICH / Germany ??- Hofbräuhaus to Königsplatz (38 minutes 56 seconds)

Here is a link to some music and singing.

LINK > Marianne & Michael - In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus (Oktoberfest Version) (3 minutes 38 seconds)

StarDreamer Thu 11-Aug-22 19:17:50

There are four POPtravel videos of Salzburg.

I have not watched this one all the way through, but it has bells right from the start so I chose this one to feature on this virtual journey.

LINK > Walking in SALZBURG / Austria ??- Bells in the Old Town (1 hour 1 minute 20 seconds)

volver Fri 12-Aug-22 09:10:23

StarDreamer

There are eight POPtravel videos of Munich available on YouTube.

Here is a link to one of them.

LINK > Walking in MUNICH / Germany ??- Hofbräuhaus to Königsplatz (38 minutes 56 seconds)

Here is a link to some music and singing.

LINK > Marianne & Michael - In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus (Oktoberfest Version) (3 minutes 38 seconds)

I was once in the Hofbrauhaus, having walked through the wonderful Christmas Market in Munich. The snow was falling and the oompah band was playing - heaven!

If you have time on your walk I recommend a kaffe und kuchen in the café in Galleria Kaufhof which has a good view of the Marienplatz, and if you get there at the right time you can see the glockenspiel in action on the Rathaus.

StarDreamer Fri 12-Aug-22 09:53:59

Thank you.

LINK > Munich's famous Glockenspiel, Marienplatz. (5 minutes 15 seconds)

Chewbacca Fri 12-Aug-22 10:57:30

How lovely that is! Prague has a similar clock, the Astronomical Clock, less musical, but very beautiful to watch.

volver Fri 12-Aug-22 11:07:23

And if your walk is in December, check this out in Kaufhof's window, across the square from the Rathaus. The cuteness is overwhelming... wink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAJYGrpSDo

StarDreamer Fri 12-Aug-22 16:03:02

On to Villach.

LINK > Villach

LINK > Walk in Villach ?? Sunny Summer Morning in the Old Town (32 minutes 9 seconds)

Then on to Venice.

Chewbacca Fri 12-Aug-22 17:09:37

Thanks to volver for the link to Kaufhof's window, that was just wonderful; I'd like my GC to go and see that.

StarDreamer Fri 12-Aug-22 17:22:50

Now that this journey has reached Venice, please transfer to the cruise thread.

LINK > www.gransnet.com/forums/culture_arts/1314201-Venice-and-the-river-Po-a-virtual-cruise

But first, perhaps have a look at this video.

LINK > Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Prague Astronomical Clock (24 minutes 51 seconds) Subtitles available

volver Sat 13-Aug-22 07:57:39

Chewbacca

Thanks to volver for the link to Kaufhof's window, that was just wonderful; I'd like my GC to go and see that.

You're welcome ?