Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 13th May weigh in.

(25 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 12-May-13 21:33:23

sba grin I remembered to set the post up for tomorrow. wink

Good luck everyone.

Bez Mon 13-May-13 08:26:53

Have stood on DD scales just now and I seem to have lost about a pound. I cannot be absolutely sure as I have digital scales - easy to read - and hers are the dial variety and difficult to read - so for the next couple of weeks I shall be posting approximate loss/ gains. grin

Sbagran Mon 13-May-13 09:52:40

Oops Glass! flowers that will teach me to hope that you were giving us an excuse for not posting grin grin grin
Sorry folks it's all my fault that Glass won't forget ever again blush
Bless you Glass for being so faithful and supportive to us all!
Tried two fast days last week but don't think are for me because the day after the first one, which went well, I had one of my funny turns (poor old soul sad) - probably nothing to do with it but DH isn't convinced so for three days a week I am now planning to keep below my MFP calorie requirement and keep to the required amount the rest of the week.
Disappointed that after last week's effort that I didn't lose more but I am delighted to add a loss of 1.4lbs to the loss pot!
157.4lbs at yesterday's weigh-in.

Movedalot Mon 13-May-13 09:53:23

I've lost 1.8lbs! I'm really pleased because, as some of you will know, I have a problem which means I can't be upright for very long. This rather limits my physical efforts but I have been going to the gym and doing sitting down things which may have helped.

Going away for 3 days on Friday so will need lots and lots of will power.

Marelli Mon 13-May-13 19:03:47

I've been on the 5:2 diet since the beginning of April, and I did quite well to begin with. I lost about 4 pounds, then it all seemed to halt. I think I was being too greedy on the non-fasting days. Then on fasting days, I was having to curtail certain things during the day because I was so hungry....I really don't think it was doing me much good.....so, glass, here I am back again, just taking care not to be too greedy again every day of the week...instead of 5 of them grin

Galen Tue 14-May-13 07:43:21

Movedalot Tue 14-May-13 09:23:19

Marelli try www.myfitnesspal.com as a way of knowing exactly what you are eating. It has the bonus of telling you whether it is protein, fat, cholestrol etc as well as calories.

Grannylin Tue 14-May-13 09:36:01

That's exactly what happened to me Marelli I don't think it suits our metabolism.glass gave me a very simple plan and I 've stuck to it and had steady success...see Monday April 8th weigh in thread for her mini plan.

Marelli Tue 14-May-13 19:30:19

Grannylin, I'm glad you said that, and that it's not just me! I know I don't need to lose much really, but do just want to get a wee bit more off, then maintain. I've had a look at glass's advice to you on the week you mention and will try to keep to that.
movedalot, I did have 'myfitnesspal' on my phone, then took it off, because of the battery draining so quickly, then tried to put it on my computer. Goodness knows what I did, but it just kept saying that the username was already being used. It didn't matter what I did to try and change the username, either.....so I gave up! confused

glassortwo Tue 14-May-13 21:54:38

Well I have lost 1/2lb so cant grumble because I have had more red wine than I should and over the Bank Holiday I did have some meals out and a few nibbly days. So thank you very much I will take that on the nose. grin

Yessss we have broken into the 2 stone loss grin well done everyone!

bez fantastic we will take anything you throw at us approximate or not smile
sba The 5:2 isnt right for everyone, I think you know yourself when something is not quite right.
move I bet its good to get back into the excercise again after being unable to for so long, just enjoy your trip, deal with things when you get back.
marelli you have given it a good try, but you dont have a lot left to lose so just try to be careful.
galen well done smile what have you done this week to shift things?
grannylin how are you doing?

Challenge total 2st 5lb 12oz

Galen Tue 14-May-13 22:31:50

Still need to keep this up for the next 4weeks to get to what I want to before my holiday! Need to get down below 13! Wish me luck! (And willpower!)

Galen Tue 14-May-13 22:33:34

Or, pray to St Jude! ( patron saint of lost causes!)

glassortwo Tue 14-May-13 22:43:20

galen you can do it!!!!! Just carry on and have another week like this week, and the other three will fall in behind, its only 4 weeks .......positive attitude......... you can do it!!!

Grannylin Tue 14-May-13 23:00:51

Am keeping quiet and just trying to squeeze a bit more off before going away at the weekend. It doesn't help having the heating on, gale force winds and driving rain...my body is crying out for roast and sticky toffee pudding! confused

glammanana Wed 15-May-13 08:28:23

I 've not had a good week this week I stayed the same when I got weighed but must confess to extra "roasties" over the week-end and I sneaked a bar of chocolate which just disappeared once the wrapper was opened ? So back to the drawing board this week and no slip ups,mind you that chocolate blip will keep me focussed for a while,I have banned myself from the local shop asking mr g. to go for the evening paper from now on.hmm

Grannyeggs Wed 15-May-13 08:35:05

Have stayed the same, I had a few lapses this week.blush but I don't seem to have put any on.

glassortwo Wed 15-May-13 10:09:49

glamma we all slip at times, send MR G shopping in future wink and dont forget the wedding outfit grin
grannylin you can have a roast but not the sticky toffee pudding, par boil your roast potatoes then spray with frylight and cook as normal, dont use cream/butter or milk in your mashed pots, use a little creme frais instead or fat free youghurt, take the fat off the joint and go sparingly on the gravy but nothing ina roast dinner you cant eat....enjoy grin
grannyeggs we sometime give a sign of relief when we maintain smile a new week new start.

glassortwo Wed 15-May-13 10:19:51

Whats everyone having for tea tonight? The weather is crap here wet and very like an October day so I am making Melazine alla parmigiana.

Serves 4
Ready in 1 hr
4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
2 x 400g chopped tomsatoes
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes#1/2tsp sweetner
2 handfuls of fresh basil, finely shredded
Salt and ground black pepper#3 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
180g mozzarella, sliced
A small handfull of fresh flat leaf parsley chopped to garnish

Preheat oven to 160c.fan 140c/gas 3
Spray a large frying pan with fry light and stir fry the garlic over low heat for 1 - 2 mins.
Add the tomatoes, cinnamon,oregano, chilli flakes and sweetner simmer for 15 mins until thickened. Stri in the shredded basil season well.
Heat a large ridged griddle pan until smoking hot. Spray the aubergine with fry light, season and griddle untiltender.
Spread half the tomato mixture over the base of ovenproff dish.
Add layer of aubergine and mozzerella slices, then finishing with layer of mozzerella, bake for 35 to 40 until golden then garnish with parsley.

For anyone on Slimming World its free on all choices, but add 6 sysns if not using the mozzerella as a healthy extra.

Movedalot Wed 15-May-13 11:07:22

glamma good luck sending Mr G shopping, it doesn't work for us as Mr Moved buys naughty things and then looks all puppy dog when I don't want to eat them!

We are having such a busy life at the moment and it is very hard dieting and being sociable at the same time!

Good luck to the rest of you strugglers. smile

Galen Wed 15-May-13 11:11:39

Iveput steak, kidney,carrots,onions,leeks,celery, stock cube Guinness and tomato purée into the slow cooker for when I come home tonight. I will serve with spring greens. This is my one red meat a week day! No oil or fat. The steak is lean fillet. It's much heavier on the veg than meat. No idea of the calorific value but its healthy.
Feel like a blowout tonight as I'm tired of slimming.
Will return to diet tomorrow! Working 4days this week and I feel I need a few calories to keep me going!

glassortwo Wed 15-May-13 11:14:35

galen thats not having a blow out thats healthy eating and there is nothing in your evening meal that could be classed as bad for you, so dont need to feel guilty about enjoying your supper. [smle]
Thats is a classic Slimming World meal as long as no oil etc is used its perfect.

GrannyK Wed 15-May-13 17:23:18

You would think rushing around doing quick changes backstage on small boys would burn the calories , wouldn't you ? Sadly it is balanced by the extra consumption of sandwiches and cake ( offered by principals in the cast so it would be very rude to refuse ! ) No weight loss , but at least no gain . Back to the normal working week again now, so it would be really good to lose the extra pound or so and get back to target weight again . Fingers crossed .

mrshat Wed 15-May-13 19:40:38

12stone 12lbs - lost 0.5lb - still going the right way! Here's hoping for another loss next week. grin

Grannylin Fri 17-May-13 11:39:27

Big thank you to you glass for sorting me out in time for my hols at the weekend.Lost 800gr this week so just managed to squeak in under 10st...think it might have been the drastic haircut I had yesterday that finally did it.Thanks flowers

annodomini Fri 17-May-13 12:10:40

I've been away - staying with Greatnan - so have neither lost nor gained anything. I will do a couple of 'fast' days over the weekend.