Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Vibration plate machine

(6 Posts)
paddyann Thu 31-May-18 20:21:58

thanks ladies,maybe I'll say thanks but not for me.I dont want to make my back worse as I'm told surgery would be the next option

Willow500 Thu 31-May-18 18:48:38

I had one and gave it away when I developed Atrial Fibrillation - don't know if it affected it but wasn't worth the risk. I'd used it quite regularly up to then and didn't really notice any muscle toning.

mamamags Thu 31-May-18 17:00:53

I recently bought the Vibra Power that was being shown on Ideal World. I have used it a couple of times on the lighter setting but a little concerned that it might do more harm than good as I suffer with RA. . I seem OK. At the moment but what about long term use. Has anyone on here got this particular machine

allsortsofbags Wed 30-May-18 13:30:58

Had one, used it, helped with balance and tight muscles but then I stopped using it and gave it away.

I had recovered from two slipped disks when I tried a friends and it didn't aggravate or cause any damage.

I'd think about it before using one if you still have your herniated disk.

If you know your disk is back in place and stable then it's really down to you knowing what helps and what hurts you.

Can't say it helped with toning much but it did help with lack of movement stiffness.

Good Luck

PamelaJ1 Wed 30-May-18 13:11:10

Got one, don’t use it.
Good for improving balance and it can help to tone you up but I can’t think it would be dramatic.

paddyann Wed 30-May-18 13:07:52

My sister has offered me her vibro plate machine as I'm restricted in what exercise I can do with a hernaited disc.Has anyone ever used these m/c's and did they help the back ...or even made you feel your muscels were better tones.I only have my sisters opinion on it and she says it toned her within weeks so other opinions welcome