Callistemon21 Thu 21-Apr-22 10:04:47

Are you still isolating Seth?
Poor you sad

MawtheMerrier Thu 21-Apr-22 09:56:24

Lucca

Large blossoms ????

Isn’t autocorrect just the best? ?????

Seth32 Thu 21-Apr-22 07:23:13

I recommend that walking is the best exercise in isolation instead you have small space just walk so it can help you to remain active.

Lucca Wed 03-Nov-21 08:50:32

Large blossoms ????

bikergran Wed 03-Nov-21 08:42:15

Friens
Friend of mine is plump, large blossoms etc,she,started doing the BHF 10 min workout(doesn't do the star jumps or squats) then does the Joe wicks for seniors sit down one.

This week she has lost 6lb.also has really cut down on salt and other baddies, her blood pressure has also dropped.

Going to try and do something myself.

The strange thing is. We both weigh exactly the same but we are two completely different shapes. My friend thought I was 2 stone lighter than I am.

emmap40 Tue 02-Nov-21 13:06:53

I've been enjoying finding different exercise videos on YouTube. Whether you fancy yoga, weight training or some easy going cardio there's plenty of choice for different abilities

Lilyann123 Sun 05-Sep-21 02:16:19

I also tried the 3-mile walk by Leslie but it just makes me hurt all over so I go for walks and do weightlifting with containers I filled with stones

Vienna201 Fri 25-Jun-21 18:39:31

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Lourca Tue 11-Aug-20 14:53:23

Lourca Tue 11-Aug-20 14:49:38

Lourca Tue 11-Aug-20 14:47:59

Whitewavemark2 Sun 05-Apr-20 08:01:15

Joe wicks for seniors. On YouTube

cj12 Sun 05-Apr-20 07:12:52

I've started yoga omg the difference it has made it helps me in mind at this difficult time and my body feels so much better

downtoearth Thu 26-Mar-20 16:31:44

I am still nember of SW and on the social team,keeps me on the straight and narrow grin

downtoearth Thu 26-Mar-20 16:30:44

Hi RW...I have been on the slimming world plan and reached target about 16 months ago.
I didnt eat much in way of carbs anyway and not eaten bread for about 20 years,mine downfall is wine and crispssmile

Riverwalk Thu 26-Mar-20 15:07:44

grin

Out of interest, any particular diet? I lost 2 stone and have kept if off, mainly low-carb.

downtoearth Thu 26-Mar-20 14:58:33

grin RW...weighted ones are a lot easier the the kids ones,I couldnt yoyo ,only yoyo diet grin

Riverwalk Thu 26-Mar-20 14:56:09

dte 4.5 stone, wow - you skinny minx!

A couple of years' ago I tried a friends hula hoop but couldn't manage more than a couple of rotations - sure I could do it as a 10 year old, or was that a yo-yo hmm.

Missfoodlove Thu 26-Mar-20 14:32:47

I have not been to the gym since mid February doe to C19.
I have made weights from milk containers filled with gravel and water and do 35 minutes a day in the garden then a brisk dog walk, with that and all the cleaning I should be OK?

downtoearth Thu 26-Mar-20 14:17:20

Last year I bought a weighted hula hoop,my lounge isnt big enough to swing a cat let alone a hula hoop,so have moved the furniture put on some dance music,and will do 2 x15 minute sessions.

I have also unearthed my hand weights and have 2x daily sessions with them.

Determined after going from size 18 to an 8,shifting 4.5 stone its not going back on.

midgey Thu 26-Mar-20 13:18:57

Apparently Joe Wicks has a sitting exercise video.... I haven’t looked yet ?

Shirleyw Thu 26-Mar-20 12:59:14

Thats good izzypop, on FB 'active Luton' puts up short daily exercises which is a good idea. Joe Wicks also puts up daily videos, thats aimed at school children but adults also does it. Great ideas,.

lizzypopbottle Mon 23-Mar-20 17:28:33

I read the GN exercising article and it suggested sharing tips but there doesn't seem to be a specific thread so here's one!

I think it's easy to tell yourself you must stay fit while self-isolating but actually doing it is another thing entirely. The road to hell, as they say, is paved with good intentions!

So, I have made a chart with exercises I do at gym down one side and the days of the week along the top. I've got weights work on the list and I'll do that a minimum of twice a week. Abs work also minimum twice a week. Cardio most days. I'm ticking my chart when I've done it. It will give me a sense of achievement to see my chart filling up. What a goody two shoes I am! ??? I've posted a photo of my chart. I started yesterday.