Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Louise Parker Method

(4 Posts)
Bashful Wed 14-Jul-21 20:36:11

Is there anyone out there who like me cannot stick to the Louise Parker Eating Way of Life? I eat healthily anyway but although I find I can lose weight quickly on the plan at first, I quickly lose interest as dairy and chicken feature an awful lot in the meals. Also, because it is very low carb, I really become very constipated and that surely is not good for the system.
However, being in my late 60’s I have found no other diet to work so effectively. Two weeks has been the longest I’ve ever managed on it and I lost a stone. Gained back 7lbs!! It’s very hard to stick with it for the six weeks that she suggests. I know if I could do that though, it would be easy to maintain. Help!

Whiff Thu 15-Jul-21 08:18:17

Bashful join us on Pears the sequel. NanKate has called dieting Eating less for life. Better way think of it. Have a read and you will see we are all different with different ways of losing weight. Hope to see you there.

Bashful Thu 15-Jul-21 19:32:44

Thankyou@Whiff.
I will.

OnwardandUpward Thu 15-Jul-21 20:29:11

I had never heard of Louise Parker before, but will google it.

I usually soak almonds and eat 8 with my (very small portion of) cereal. For lunch I have a high protein salad with either egg, salmon etc and a normal evening meal with my family. It works for me without doing anything drastic. I don't buy biscuits, crisps, cake etc. I also avoid fruit more than once a day. I also eat raw carrots for snacks. I only drink milk in the morning drinks and stick to clear fluids after that. I am never constipated. It works for me but everyone is probably different.