Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Slim fast

(100 Posts)
Shinamae Thu 29-Jun-23 13:12:37

I’ve just bought six bottles of this going to take 2 to work a day because I do need to shift about stone.
Have any Gransnetters used this and what experience can they share with me please?

toscalily Sun 09-Jul-23 12:40:13

Shinamae Ignore the put downs & nay sayers. It is obviously working for you so congratulations on your weight loss.

DamaskRose Sun 09-Jul-23 12:49:14

I knew someone who lost half her body weight on the Slimfast plan but she put every pound and more, back on again as soon as she started eating “normally” again. She did it all again some years later. I hope it works for you OP though and you manage to budge those pesky pounds, I’m in the same boat. ☹️

Llamedos13 Sun 09-Jul-23 13:48:49

Well done Shinamae.👍

Esmay Sun 09-Jul-23 18:10:10

Very well done , Shinamae .

Shinamae Sun 09-Jul-23 20:40:02

Thank you all 😁💐💐💐

Lomo123 Sun 09-Jul-23 20:42:20

Well done.

Shinamae Sun 16-Jul-23 08:51:34

Second week on my plan and I have lost another one and three-quarter pounds which means that since June 25 I have lost 5lb so my plan is definitely working FOR ME…😁

Lomo123 Sun 16-Jul-23 12:35:35

Again, well done. 👏

Shinamae Sun 16-Jul-23 21:25:44

Lomo123

Again, well done. 👏

Thank you..😁

toscalily Mon 17-Jul-23 09:42:10

That is impressive, well done.

FarNorth Mon 17-Jul-23 10:56:27

You're taking it slowly and have a sensible plan to keep your weight down, which may not have been the case for DamaskRose's friend.

Well done Shinamae.

Shinamae Tue 18-Jul-23 18:33:31

Tonight’s tea…😋

Shinamae Wed 26-Jul-23 10:19:23

Very sadly for me I am having to leave off the cheese as it could be contributing towards my aching legs and pins and needles so I have bought tinned tuna,tinned salmon and chicken breast.
It’s obvious I really do love cheese and I will still be having a little bit when I have a jacket potato..

Llamedos13 Mon 31-Jul-23 12:29:52

Hi Shinmae, are you still on your Slimfast diet and are the pounds you hope to lose still coming off? Hope you aren’t missing cheese too much, it is delicious isn’t it?

Shinamae Mon 31-Jul-23 22:13:19

Yes, I am still on it, stayed the same last week, but weighing again tomorrow morning.
I have to admit I am still having cheese when I have a jacket potato which is about twice a week and I’m not gonna beat myself up about that. 😁

Shinamae Tue 01-Aug-23 10:58:17

Lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. Happy with that..😁

Llamedos13 Tue 01-Aug-23 12:06:51

That’s great, slow and steady. I’ve been following you and started drinking Slimfast as a meal replacement once a day and am down five pounds so far. Failed miserably last week as I was in Edinburgh visiting my sister and discovered the delights of Greg’s sausage rolls,had one most days, a bit like your love of cheese!A gal has to have something to look forward to.😋

Shinamae Tue 01-Aug-23 16:00:19

Llamedos13

That’s great, slow and steady. I’ve been following you and started drinking Slimfast as a meal replacement once a day and am down five pounds so far. Failed miserably last week as I was in Edinburgh visiting my sister and discovered the delights of Greg’s sausage rolls,had one most days, a bit like your love of cheese!A gal has to have something to look forward to.😋

Well done you!!
Yes,we must have a treat now and then…..

Shinamae Tue 01-Aug-23 16:11:50

I used to do fasting a few years ago and I’ve decided to do it again two days a week as well as doing my slim fast days..
I had the original Michael Mosley book, but this is the updated version because I think in the original version he said you could eat more or less anything in your eating window, but obviously that’s had to be revised…😁

Shinamae Tue 17-Oct-23 10:03:15

An update..
In March, I weighed 11 stone 5 1/2 lb today I have weighed and I am 10 st 9 lbs so I am very pleased with that. I am combining fasting two days a week where I have less than 800 cal and I have one slim fast drink at work…(then a small meal like beans on toast or jacket potato when I get home, it is a bit awkward because I’ve got to eat 815 at night that’s when I get home from work but that’s the way it is )
Also two months ago, I decided to rejoin the gym and I go three times a week and am mainly weight training and a small amount of cardio..

Primrose53 Tue 17-Oct-23 10:19:27

Several years ago my friend had a gastric bypass op. Surgeons like people to lose weight before the op for 2 reasons, one to show they are “committed” and two to shrink their liver.

All she was allowed for several weeks was milk and jelly. She stuck to it and lost about a stone so he agreed to operate.

The weight fell off her as she now only had a tiny stomach. As time went on she learned what she could eat which she was not supposed to and also started drinking alcohol again which she promised the surgeon she would give up along with high calorie foods. She has now regained all her weight.

Shinamae Tue 17-Oct-23 17:59:48

Primrose53

Several years ago my friend had a gastric bypass op. Surgeons like people to lose weight before the op for 2 reasons, one to show they are “committed” and two to shrink their liver.

All she was allowed for several weeks was milk and jelly. She stuck to it and lost about a stone so he agreed to operate.

The weight fell off her as she now only had a tiny stomach. As time went on she learned what she could eat which she was not supposed to and also started drinking alcohol again which she promised the surgeon she would give up along with high calorie foods. She has now regained all her weight.

Oh that’s a shame, having gone for all that effort initially..🤷‍♀️

AreWeThereYet Tue 17-Oct-23 18:07:14

Shinamae It's worth remembering that if you are weight training you will be building muscle. Muscle is denser than fat and weighs more. So you may have lost more fat than you think. Muscle is more active than fat too - just having muscle on your body will use more calories than having the same amount of fat. You might be more impressed with your gains if you measured rather than weighed. Weight training is always a win-win.

Shinamae Tue 17-Oct-23 19:43:25

AreWeThereYet

Shinamae It's worth remembering that if you are weight training you will be building muscle. Muscle is denser than fat and weighs more. So you may have lost more fat than you think. Muscle is more active than fat too - just having muscle on your body will use more calories than having the same amount of fat. You might be more impressed with your gains if you measured rather than weighed. Weight training is always a win-win.

I honestly give up with measuring myself because my waistline is always the same as my hips about 39 inches and that isn’t decreasing, but it’s very strange because I have stick thin arms and legs,no bum,no hips. All my weight just seems to head to my abdomen and upper body so at the gym I am doing weight training to try and alter this 😬
Thanks for the encouragement. 💐(I honestly don’t know where that few pounds I have lost has come off of 🤔)