Gransnet forums

Education

A levels results Day!

(32 Posts)
Greyduster Thu 18-Aug-16 16:53:25

He got three Bs - he needed an A and two Bs, but he's been advised to appeal a couple of subjects to try and get the grade pulled up, so we'll have to wait and see. He has a firm offer from Newcastle with the grades he has, but I think he'd set his heart on Warwick. I'm still very proud of him - he's a grafter and deserves to get on.

Luckygirl Thu 18-Aug-16 16:35:50

It is a stressful time - and such a barmy system. One of my DDs did not apply to uni till after she had her results - she took a year out to study an extra subject which interested her - so when she did apply she knew her results and was able to know exactly where she was going. There must be some way of synchronising all this better so that applications can have the actual results on them and the stress is reduced.

Well done to all those GC who have been successful!

DaphneBroon Thu 18-Aug-16 16:30:38

Dare I ask greyduster?? Or are you all too busy with the ????
Anybody else?
Thinking of rubylady how did rubyson get on?

Greyduster Thu 18-Aug-16 09:55:54

I am waiting for my d-i-l to ring and tell me what step-grandson's results were. He has a place at Warwick if he gets the grades. If he doesn't get what he was expecting it won't be for lack of hard work. I have everything crossed.

merlotgran Thu 18-Aug-16 09:25:10

Another one off to Uni for us as well. DGS2 will be going to Portsmouth.

Like NannyDee we're happy and proud (and relieved)

Fingers crossed for them all.

NannyDee Thu 18-Aug-16 09:17:10

Our DGS has just picked his A level results up, all B's, he is so happy and we are very proud of him. Off to Uni now ?

DaphneBroon Thu 18-Aug-16 09:05:10

A big day for teenagers all over the country!
It used to be a case of waiting outside school for those sealed envelopes, but I think most kids get their results on line now.
And DGC and proud grans out there with something to celebrate? Hope so!