Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Tea and a chat

(29 Posts)
Yennifer Sun 02-Feb-20 20:25:13

It's such a beautiful name QuaintIrene isn't it?

QuaintIrene Sun 02-Feb-20 19:23:05

My great great niece has your name, Yennifer. I hadn’t heard it before. I think I know where they heard it from now ?

Greymar Sun 02-Feb-20 19:15:23

have sent you dm

Yennifer Sun 02-Feb-20 19:10:36

I think it's probably one of the hardest topics to get to know each other very well. So I wondered if people wanted to share a bit about them? Nothing personal and identifying.

Yennifer is a character from a TV series I like. I'm a big reader and I love fantasy fiction. I love Terry Pratchett, I also love The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. TV I love Doctor Who which starts soon yay! Basically anything fantasy. I think books were my salvation growing up so I've always loved different worlds to escape into. I have 5 children, all living at home currently, most of my friends are already grans. I'm also a teaching assistant and I absolutely love my job, it's so rewarding but not the best pay sadly. Oddly in my field I meet a lot of other adults who have strained relationships with their parents and I wonder if that drives them to be a positive rolemodel for kids. I'm estranged as most of you know, my mother was a cruel, neglectful and uncaring person and nothing I ever did was good enough for her. Leaving that relationship was very hard but very freeing. Estrangement for a while was a big part of who I am but less and less as time goes on. I love cardigan weather and exploring old ruins is my absolutely favourite thing to do. I'm probably a bit of a hippy really x

Would love to know more about you x x x