Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Mother’s Day and Estrangement And Heartache

(9 Posts)
MBM Fri 20-Mar-20 11:30:26

I just wanted to say to all of you who are estranged from children and grandchildren on Mother’s Day l hope you find some kind of Peace .
I can’t put into words the heartache we have suffered over the last year, and I’m not sure we will ever recover.
It never seems to get any easier, the tears are never far away.
But l will hold you all in my thoughts.
Take care of each other.

Smileless2012 Fri 20-Mar-20 12:06:45

Such a kind and thoughtful post MBM. Am I right in thinking this will be your first Mother' Day with estrangement?

The first of everything are the hardest. For me after more than 7 years it's just another day, as is ES's birthday. Christmas is still hard though because of the GC as are their birthdays.

flowersx

Namsnanny Fri 20-Mar-20 12:25:25

Best wishes to you as well MBM flowers

You have described it so well. Nothing to add.

This year will be more difficult as we cant divert ourselves by going out and doing something nice for ourselves.

Peace and good wishes.

Anniebach Fri 20-Mar-20 12:28:23

Never give up hope please. I will be sending flowers to my
beloved daughters grave.

Just don’t give up hope x

Namsnanny Fri 20-Mar-20 12:30:43

How lovely Anniebach, I'm touched you found the time to post this flowers
X

Smileless2012 Fri 20-Mar-20 13:53:22

How kind Annieflowers.

EllanVannin Fri 20-Mar-20 14:08:14

Aww Annie x

Pantglas2 Fri 20-Mar-20 14:10:28

Anniebach is so right.....estrangement is not the worst thing and yes it did seem like it at the time. While they live their lives apart from you, you can always hope x

3nanny6 Sun 22-Mar-20 12:59:23

Anniebach ; that's a lovely thing to do. Your beloved daughter will be sending her own love to you and you are in my prayers, she is gone but will always be closer to you than you even know.