Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Both my daughters have cut me off

(8 Posts)
Lucyloo12 Fri 14-May-21 14:35:35

Hi all, here i am again . Made a choice not to move closer to daughter as have already been estranged in the past, happy here and bank account intact. . and hey ho I have been cut off again... which means no contact with grandchildren. My other daughter has not spoken to me in ages and I dont see her children either. Both have been very domineering since my husband died 15 years ago and I just can't live by their rules/blackmail anymore. Hubby would be spinning in his grave if he knew. Of course I feel devastated by events but I have no more energy to fight. They hate my partner and want me by myself to use at their leisure. How depressing life has become. I just can't win and feel so low as I cant rectify anything. Its all too late and they hate me.

EllanVannin Fri 14-May-21 14:43:55

I always say that they'll need you before you'll need them and it's true so I'd get on with your life if I were you and see what happens.

Katie59 Fri 14-May-21 14:48:47

Only one of my sons has done that, the others are OK, I live with it, that’s my lot. So I concentrate on being happy with my new partner, you should do the same, you were widowed, they are trying to deny you happiness.

Kamiso Fri 14-May-21 14:55:06

Live your own life! You’re only going to get one go at it!

Scribbles Fri 14-May-21 15:03:41

There's no rule that says you have to get long with your relatives but you can choose your friends.
Life's too short to waste it pandering to grown up children so concentrate on being happy with your new partner and your friends.

Scribbles Fri 14-May-21 15:04:51

long ... along

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 18:24:33

Thank goodness you chose not to move closer to your D Lucyloo.

You don't deserve to be treated this way and they don't deserve to have you for their mum. Enjoy the life you have as much as you can.

It's been more than 8 years since our youngest son estranged us so him needing us more than we need him, hasn't been our experience but what has been, is finding out that there is life after estrangement and despite what we've lost, it's a good one.

Madgran77 Fri 14-May-21 18:49:48

Lucyloo it is good that you didn't move. At least you are stil in familiar surroundings with the life that you have made there. You might find it helpful to post on the "Support for all living with estrangement" thread in the estrangement forum. flowers