Gransnet forums

Estrangement

What is this forum for?

(29 Posts)
DHH7 Sun 09-Oct-22 12:03:45

I’m new here. Is this forum for parents and grandparents of estranged adult children, as in they’re the ones who walked away, or is this for those children to tell us how awful we are, or both? Thanks.

DiamondLily Mon 10-Oct-22 09:34:25

DHH7

I’m new here. Is this forum for parents and grandparents of estranged adult children, as in they’re the ones who walked away, or is this for those children to tell us how awful we are, or both? Thanks.

There are many types of estrangement/part estrangements of all sorts, and involving different relatives.

Some people have and do act very badly towards their relatives, but it's not confined to one group.?

sarabande Wed 30-Nov-22 11:05:08

Hi, I have found Karl Pillemer's book 'Faultlines: Fractured Families and how to mend them' very helpful and readable.

notgran Wed 30-Nov-22 13:26:11

Joane123

lemsip

DHH7 Mon 28-Mar-22 11:02:50

So NOT new here .

Why would you do that though?
It makes people feel unwelcome as if this is some sort of "closed" club (which it isn't).

Because there are any number of Posters who are obvious trolls/weirdos/scammers. Yesterday TopsyandTim was a prime example. Posts something that has no bearing on their previous posts here. I often look back at a poster's previous post to see if they seem genuine or are just wasting their time (and ours).