Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Estranged Grandparents Bristol TV

(4 Posts)
Allsorts Sat 22-Oct-22 07:39:06

I watched the programme on estrangement on Thursday night, wish there was something like that organisation where I live within reach, the lovely lady that started it is reunited with her gd now, but the support all those people that meet up must get must be so helpful. The worse thing through all my years estranged, , as long as Smileless and Yoga have been on here, (I was trolled off originally, so came back with another name a couple of years later ) has been the loneliness of it, I felt the only one with a daughter that didn’t want me, a gd I couldn't see, the friends that I mixed with had good relationships with their children , so I backed away as I felt ashamed as if it was all my doing. Now it’s more in the open, helped enormously by Esther Ranzen and Gloria Hunniford who understand although not estranged themselves.
If anyone is just estranged I would look at that site, you might be close enough to meet up and get support face to face. It’s good on here talking about things, but to mix with people in the same position would have helped me initially.

FindingNemo15 Sat 22-Oct-22 08:08:56

Allsorts. What was the name of the site you mentioned please?

Cheeseplantmad Sat 22-Oct-22 08:57:52

Yes , I’d be interested in the name of the site also ? I’m estranged from my only daughter., three years now , I can well understand how you feel when you say you felt ashamed like it’s your own doing , as I feel exactly the same . It were only couple weeks ago that I’d finally told to my sister , she were bit angry with me that I’d not told her before , I have the fear of being judged, but now that I’ve told her I feel so much better and she has been helpful. It’s such a heartbreaking situation to be in , I’d give the world to have my daughter back as we used to be .

Allsorts Sat 22-Oct-22 18:56:47

It was a lady in Bristol and it is Estranged Grandparents in Bristol, just Google it. Too late for me by it might be just the thing for you. I remember those early years too well, how I felt so different from others, but it is more common than people think, more in the open now.