Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Mothers Day

(22 Posts)
MBM Sun 19-Mar-23 08:33:06

For every Mum who’s estranged from their Children ,Grandchildren ,
I know how difficult it can be not only Today but each day that passes without contact .
We haven’t had contact with Our Granddaughter’s for over five years.
Mainly due to our daughter getting divorced and her new partner moving in .
Then the mind games started , he’s cut them off totally ,
We were always so close until he moved in but sadly it’s all come to a close .
We miss them dreadfully l cry each day l’m not sure we will ever come to terms with this.
I just wanted to say to all Estranged Mums take care & try to find some kind of Peace .
M

ginny Sun 19-Mar-23 09:11:53

💐❤️ for you all.

Smileless2012 Sun 19-Mar-23 09:18:50

Thank you M.

I'm so sorry that you are also living the constant pain of estrangement. It's a terrible thing to lose your AC and you are not alone to have had this happen due to the coercive control of a partner; this happened to us too more than 10 years ago.

I don't think you ever come to terms with it, you just learn to live with it and make the most of what life has to offer flowers.

Littleannie Sun 19-Mar-23 09:24:29

I had a text from my son this morning which said 'why don't you die. The sooner you are dead the better as nobody will miss you'. This is not the first time I have received a message like this. I can't get to see my grandchildren. I am broken inside.

Grammaretto Sun 19-Mar-23 09:31:16

Littleannie sending hugs xx
That's so horrible but it's really about him you know. He's not in a good place.
Try not to let it break you.

Smileless2012 Sun 19-Mar-23 09:32:52

Oh Littleannieshock that's the worse thing I have ever read on this forum. You need to block him from any means of contacting you.

Monstrous and inexcusable behaviour.

Hairspray100 Sun 19-Mar-23 10:26:53

Oh my gosh, I feel so sorry to hear that. I have a son who I think feels the same.
He hasn’t bothered to text at all. We are not estranged but I think that this will come.
I feel that a veil is lifting from my eyes regarding his treatment of both me and his dad over the years,
Please try not to let it get to you. That is a mean and unnecessary text to send especially on Mothers Day. I hope that you find some peace today xxx

LilyoftheValley Sun 19-Mar-23 10:34:26

So sorry for those estranged from children and grandchildren

Incidentally, when did we stop using Mothering Sunday and start the dreaded Americanism, Mothers Day?

Granmarderby10 Sun 19-Mar-23 10:45:10

Well I’m 62 and when I was a infant school aged 5,6 and 7 and we did the homemade cards (still got one) I’m fairly sure it was referred to as Mothers Day then🤔

Granmarderby10 Sun 19-Mar-23 10:45:57

At least it is still on a Sunday😊

Allsorts Sun 19-Mar-23 10:53:10

Littleannie, I cannot say how sorry I am for you to to receive a message like that from your own son. He must be mentally ill.
You must know you don’t deserve it. Perhaps time to consider blocking him.

Granmarderby10 Sun 19-Mar-23 10:56:44

Littleannie my heartfelt sympathy 🫂 goes to you this morning.
You are still here, so don’t waste any more tears on him.💐

Allsorts Sun 19-Mar-23 10:57:44

MBM thank you for your message, I identify for your broken heart. You must know its not about you, it’s him wanting control as he’s so inadequate, your daughter needs to see that it’s wrong and until then there’s nothing you can do. Look after yourselves.

Namsnanny Sun 19-Mar-23 11:03:26

Thank you MBM
My feelings are similar to yours.
Littleannie
🌹for all of us who loved and did our best for our children.

Yammy Sun 19-Mar-23 11:13:31

So sorry for you little Annieflowers I would try and forget him he is a very mixed-up person who at the moment enjoys hurting people.
I hope for you and all estranged Gransnetters, their children see what their mothers have done for them.

Judy54 Sun 19-Mar-23 13:44:13

Sending kind thoughts to all who are estranged from their families flowers

JaneJudge Sun 19-Mar-23 13:46:24

Littleannie, that message is really cruel sad you need to block him x

sodapop Sun 19-Mar-23 13:58:43

That is so hard MBM I can't imagine how you must feel today,I hope you find some peace of mind, things can change so don't lose hope.

Littleannie I'm so sorry you had such an awful message, I agree with Gramaretto it's about him not you. Sending love & hugs.

Littleannie Sun 19-Mar-23 14:03:57

I posted a reply but for some reason it's not worked.
Thank you all for your kind comments. I have had abuse from him since he was 18, he's 54 now. He has had custody of the children since his partner died 5 years. The only reason I don't block him is in case the children need me.

Littleannie Sun 19-Mar-23 16:37:59

MBM
I'm so sorry, I know what you are going through. Take comfort in the love of your husband and other family members.
As my sister said to me, one day when the grandchildren are older they may decide to contact you themselves.

Lomo123 Sun 19-Mar-23 19:03:40

Little annie, how awful. Block him and put an end to his nonsense. 💐

Nana56 Sun 19-Mar-23 19:18:39

Little Annie , I'm so sorry. It must be awful. Hard as it will be I would block his number. flowers