Gransnet forums

Everyday Ageism

Grandmother Campaign December

(4 Posts)
thatbags Fri 02-Dec-16 19:44:09

Humour is good for the soul.

Must watch out for knitted tweets #mindboggles

M0nica Fri 02-Dec-16 19:38:00

'Mother' seems to be a trendy advertising agency, so achingly on trend they seem to be a parody of themselves, what a wonderful radio serial they would make, like Clare in the Community

Among some of the memorable copy on their site announcing that they will change their name from 'Mother' to 'Grandmother' for December is the following:

The agency will run a series of initiatives designed to stimulate discussion and raise money for charity. The most eye-catching is Red-Hot Grannies, a phone line that allows callers to hear older women reading erotic passages from classic literature at an "extortionate cost per minute", with proceeds going to age-related charities.

There will also be "knitted tweets", whereby a team of grandmothers will knit messages and designs on demand via Twitter, with the finished products put up for auction. A more conventional bake sale will also take place.

I cannot write anymore, I am laughing too much.

ninathenana Fri 02-Dec-16 18:24:02

The name change means nothing to me as I'd never heard about Campaign or "Mother"
I did open the link confused

thatbags Fri 02-Dec-16 18:11:08

Campaign "Mother" is changing its name to "Grandmother" for December to tackle the invisibility and patronising portrayals of older people in advertising.