Gransnet forums

Food

"Food & Drink" Returns to BBC2

(9 Posts)
HildaW Mon 11-Feb-13 15:02:49

Its all about cake tonight with lovely Mary Berry. I watched the couple of programs about her on BBC2, they were lovely and really very poignant.

Galen Sun 10-Feb-13 21:35:12

I bought quince paste in Spain. You can sometimes get it at farmers markets or waitrose.

Deedaa Sun 10-Feb-13 20:53:38

I thought the programme was all right, but not as interesting as the old one. Perhaps it will improve as it goes on. I shall stick with Saturday Kitchen for now, then I can throw things at the screen when they serve stuff up on planks of wood with the gravy running off the edges!

Elijay Sun 10-Feb-13 18:20:48

As a non drinker my attention always wanders when it comes to wine.

HildaW Sun 10-Feb-13 12:03:22

In the old format they were happy to recommend particular wines by name so that you could buy them, I suppose thats not allowed anymore but it was frustrating that they kept it so vague.

kittylester Sun 10-Feb-13 09:03:41

I watched the programme and quite enjoyed it although it didn't have a well informed amateur' like the old series, which would be useful for people like me. smile

Mamie Sun 10-Feb-13 08:35:47

We do a Moro recipe with roast duck, sherry and quince paste (membrillo). We make our own from our huge annual quince crop!

shysal Sun 10-Feb-13 08:16:44

I like M.R. Jr. too, he seems formidable and gentle all at the same time. I look forward to this new series. My handling of food is so clumsy compared to his, no wonder my pastry is heavy, but I make good bread with my warm hands!

Elijay Sat 09-Feb-13 17:00:03

Was really enjoying watching Michel Roux Jr cooking roast pork until he used an exotic ingredient, quince paste, to enhance the gravy.

Apart from Waitrose I wouldn't know where to buy it. Think I'd use redcurrant jelly instead.

Recipe here g.ua/MVCq