Gransnet forums

Food

Worried about GD's Diet

(52 Posts)
pinkym Sat 16-Nov-13 12:53:07

I hope I'm in the right section, this is my first post! I'm really worried about the foods my son & DIL feed my year old GD. Although DIL does not work, lunch is a baby jar, some baby crispy things, and a baby yoghurt, sometimes a banana. Tea is always bread & butter, cheese spread and more crispy things or baby cake. GD isn't allowed to try feeding herself (could be difficult with the jar stuff) and is constantly having her face & hands wiped during the meal. Even banana is fed to her with a spoon. I worry at the lack of variety in her food and the lack of nutrients from fresh fruit and vegetables. GD seems to get a lot of colds recently, I wonder if it's the diet, but daren't approach it in a direct way. Subtle hints and suggestions haven't worked.

rosesarered Mon 30-Dec-13 19:07:48

I think maybe we all worry a bit too much about things. A good relationship with your DiL is very important, and nobody wants to be lectured about what to feed their own baby.I do understand your concerns, but think it's better to take a back seat on this one.