Gransnet forums

Food

I need a nice hot cup of Tea, whats your favourite?

(38 Posts)
SueinHull Wed 08-Feb-17 11:21:16

Traditionally served in the Middle East, Tea made with Cinnamon and Cloves and sweetened with sugar but no milk. Served in a glass. Delicious! I use Earl Grey Tea for added flavour.

Araabra Mon 13-Feb-17 06:51:38

PG with a slice of ginger.

Kittye Sat 11-Feb-17 18:20:06

Twinings breakfast decaf or earl grey for me. A little milk no sugar. Chai tea occasionally.

GrandmaMoira Sat 11-Feb-17 16:55:58

Sainsbury's or Tesco ordinary tea - I drink it all day. I don't like fruit teas or other types of tea.

wot Sat 11-Feb-17 16:27:00

I've always hated tea; the very smell of it turns my stomach! I wish I did like it as I'm sure I'm missing out, and it can be embarrassing socially when offered tea. (like lemon tea though)

Desdemona Sat 11-Feb-17 15:37:41

I change my brand from time to time, especially if I see something new in the supermarket! One of my favourites is Yorkshire tea but at the moment I am drinking Clipper Organic tea which I spotted in my local Morrisons.

I like tea strong (I let it stew for five minutes) and then add a splash of milk and one spoonful of sugar. I also use a very large mug.

Anniebach Wed 08-Feb-17 23:15:42

Tetley

Marmight Wed 08-Feb-17 22:50:53

Bog standard builders for breakfast. Afternoon green lemon or jasmine. At night 'sleepy tea' in the hope that I do ?

hulahoop Wed 08-Feb-17 22:23:06

Green tea for breakfast . Decaf tea with milk rest of day

Katek Wed 08-Feb-17 19:52:42

Scottish Blend, or proper mint tea as made in Morocco and served in a glass.

Nelliemoser Wed 08-Feb-17 18:56:16

Yorkshire Tea. All day every day. In a big 300ml bone china mug.

In my dotage I don't much like thick heavy mugs any more.

JackyB Wed 08-Feb-17 18:50:41

I have recently been off work for a couple of weeks with a really strong dose of the flu. Since then, tea hasn't tasted so nice. DS offered me a cup when I came home from hospital and I was delighted, but it wasn't like it used to be.

LadyGracie Wed 08-Feb-17 18:28:44

I have sugar but no milk, I gave up milk in 1968, we could only get long life milk, yuk!

Swanny Wed 08-Feb-17 18:24:14

I've just re-started drinking tea occasionally in the last couple of years but preferably only if it's Yorkshire, made in a pot and served in a china cup or small mug. I stopped drinking tea when I had to change to decaf many years ago. Decaf tea was awful at the time, Redbush was ok for a while, so I stuck to decaf coffee. That has recently become boring to me so have the occasional tea now.

No sugar though in either of them - I gave that up when I was eight. I went to a Church of England school (only school in the village) and we had to experience suffering during Lent ... hmm

glammanana Wed 08-Feb-17 18:17:17

Any breakfast tea up until about 11am served in a good china mug or cup.
Forgot about "no snack Feb" and just devoured a yummy M&S fruit scone whilst my evening meal is cooking.hmmit was worth it though.

Jalima Wed 08-Feb-17 18:09:00

which seems to make us talk more and more about food sad

Cherrytree59 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:07:38

Lemon & Ginger tea normally with a ginger biscuit
But its no Snack Feb sad

Jalima Wed 08-Feb-17 17:59:54

Usually Yorkshire tea but we were given some Dorset tea and liked that very much.
We managed to find some in Waitrose last week, the packet looks a bit different to the one in the hamper but I hope it's the same flavour.

Even if it's a mug it has to be bone china.
Milk, no sugar thank you.

gettingonabit Wed 08-Feb-17 17:59:23

Strong tea out of a teapot with 2 bags, in a china cup with a drop of milk and a level teaspoon of sugar.

Nothing else quite hits the spot.

Maranta Wed 08-Feb-17 17:40:17

Ooh, I'm so glad someone else has sugar in their tea Janea ! I don't have it in coffee but I can't give it up in Yorkshire Tea for Hard water.

merlotgran Wed 08-Feb-17 17:29:18

I also have a huge mug for my first cuppa of the day. Nothing fancy just PG Tips or Ty-Phoo.

janeainsworth Wed 08-Feb-17 17:26:06

Rington's Deluxe or Northumbrian Blend.
Milk and about 1/8 teaspoon sugar. Just can't give it up completelyblush

gretel Wed 08-Feb-17 17:16:36

Waitrose Assam Loose Tea.

DanniRae Wed 08-Feb-17 17:01:01

I like Sainsburys Red Label tea bags in a mug - milk and 1/2 a spoon of sugar. I have a special mug for first cuppa in the morning - it's BIG!

LadyGracie Wed 08-Feb-17 15:16:35

M & S Luxury Gold loose leaf tea. We used to have Sainsbury's English Breakfast then I think they changed it, the flavour wasn't so good.

tanith Wed 08-Feb-17 14:44:25

Tea, just ordinary English breakfast tea as I don't like flavoured teas of any kind. Even Earl Grey turns my stomach. Tetley or Yorkshire is normal for us.

In a thin mug dash of milk no sugar.