Gransnet forums

Food

Changing your food routine.

(31 Posts)
Imperfect27 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:23:14

I have had to change the way / times I eat this week because of my new job. I am having my main meal at lunchtime instead of 6:30 ish - and very little time to snatch a bite in the evening, so I am making it a 'good meal.' Just struggled through macaroni cheese and a heap of vegetables on the side, but feeling distinctly heavy now!
And I think my brain and body are asking ' What's going on?'!

Funny isn't it, how we get so used to a routine. I think this might be a permanent adjustment , at least for a couple of months so I guess I will settle down, but for now - bleurgh!

Anyone else had to make a big change to eating habits?

CardiffJaguar Sat 21-Oct-17 14:54:20

Due to business needs I have had to put up with changes many times; but I've never stinted on breakfast and do not now. My wife fitted in with me and then with school time demands so our life pre-retirement was never settled.

Now we both have a good breakfast and then go through to evening dinner without any snacking in between. As I am trialling a Fodmap diet that has meant the family also eats some of my foods - and why not as I have lost a stone and a half without feeling any different!

Whatever changes you make my recommendation is always to start the day right - have a good breakfast.

Imperfect27 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:41:31

Yes, it is a good recommendation. I do always have a good breakfast - porridge wins the day in our house.

After 5 days of a good meal at lunchtime, today ww were back to the usual routine of dinner at 6 - felt too much! I am growing to like eating well earlier. smile

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:28:19

I have my main meal at lunch time and have done so since I worked at my last job. It suits me better - as a morning person I like to get it organised first thing and then, that's it, all done and I can sit down in the evening to watch telly.
It sounds very boring but I have fruit, cereal with Yakult for brekkers, salad for lunch and then fruit, cereal and yoghurt for tea. I've lost 7 lbs in the last year which is very gratifying but I have another 2 stone to go. It's hard not to celebrate with a cream cake or a bacon buttie but I have to steel myself. I try to go out for a brisk ten minute walk maybe 4/5 times a week and it has helped.

chickenlegs Sun 22-Oct-17 23:41:55

What is the 18:6 regime? I tried googling it but all that came up was discussions about how to grow canabis confused. Is 18:6 a version of 5:2?

Blinko Wed 25-Oct-17 17:43:21

chickenlegs, 18:6 is when you fast for 18 hours a day (every day) and only eat between, say 12noon and 6pm or whichever six hours best suit your needs.