Gransnet forums

Food

Breadmaker

(58 Posts)
Shirleyw Sun 12-Nov-17 05:18:27

Do you have one and is it well used? I've been toying with getting one for a while and decided I shall get the Panasonic bread maker from Lakeland this week. I am sure it will get well used.

JustALaugh Wed 20-Jun-18 21:33:17

Menopaws....

bread maker
toasted sandwich maker
ice cream maker
coffee thingy
egg poacher
foot spa
electric organ
chocolate fountain

All of those things went to the charity shop.

VigneshBK Wed 27-Mar-19 10:00:48

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GabriellaG54 Wed 27-Mar-19 12:38:43

I have one. Bought from eBay seller, second-hand.
Used but not often. Prefer to actually hand mix it night before. Leave to rise overnight and bake in oven next day.

jack2206 Wed 24-Apr-19 04:28:45

I use the Hamilton Beach programmable bread maker. It is easy to operate and allows to make not only bread, but also pizza dough, cakes, jams, flatbreads and croissants. Check it out here: www.cfone.net/5-best-bread-machines.html

JonathanMetcalf Wed 01-May-19 07:04:02

I am so late over here but it's ok.
As we all know that and it is true that we use bread on a regular basis and one should have a breadmaker.
I don't know when I am going to have it. I simply use to purchase it from the outside.

LondonGranny Thu 26-Sep-19 14:56:41

Seriously thinking of getting one. I make bread every two or three days but a friend says they're less messy and the bread's just as good. Supermarket bread has too much salt in it and also nearly always milk as well and I often have visiting vegans, so making my own has always been useful and cheaper. Also I can add stuff like sesame or poppyseed. I do a lovely cashew and date wholemeal loaf and all.
It's certainly true that all that kneading is getting more tiring with every passing year and flour gets all over the kitchen table.
I don't think it would end up unused as I make bread often anyway. There is a good bakery about twenty minutes walk away but they charge £6 for an 'Artisan' sourdough loaf and it's not very big either! Not that I make sourdough bread anyway. Anyone notice that 'Artisan' just means a working-class job done by someone who went to Eton and charges a fortune?
I was originally put off breadmaker bread after going round a friends, seeing the hole left by the dough hook and thinking it had been eaten by mice!
I've looked at the Panasonic ones but phew! Not cheap.
Apparently Lidl have one in once a year that's meant to be good. Anyone used one of those? I don't want to spend a fortune.

ellajones Wed 09-Sep-20 04:54:05

Read this review article on the best bread machines for beginners is written based on the best rate and cheap price bread maker machines. You can get to know the insights of almost every bread maker machine by our exclusive research base amazon review articles. But we always emphasize getting the best product considering your budget. Look for good quality and right featured products.