Gransnet forums

Food

What do you have for breakfast????

(139 Posts)
lemongrove Sat 27-Jan-18 21:12:50

I have a friend who always has the same thing for breakfast every day ( weetabix with milk and sugar and a banana)now that is very nice, but I couldn’t have the same thing every morning day in day out.
I like to ring the changes so have all manner of things, marmalade on ryvitas or toast, cereal ( bran flakes or porridge or cornflakes with a scattering of dried fruit on)
Poached or scrambled eggs, a bacon roll, croissants, fruitbread, and even now and again pancakes.If I have a favourite amongst those it’s marmalade toast with a huge mug of tea.?
What’s your favourite?

lemongrove Mon 29-Jan-18 21:48:39

grin BB we sound like Jack Sparrow!

NanaNancy some children have hollow legs.?
Sounds as if you are doing a sterling job of filling them up with energy.

Nanny41 Mon 29-Jan-18 22:09:39

Toast with either Marmite or just butter, sometimes a Weetabix with milk, always with a nice cup of tea.

Shizam Mon 29-Jan-18 22:43:04

Porridge doesn’t keep me going either bellasnana. Hungry by 11am! Poached egg works better.

carolmary Tue 30-Jan-18 17:03:02

If you can get fresh eggs there is nothing like poached eggs, (cooked in water not one of those metal egg poachers), wholemeal toast with salty butter, at least two cups of freshly brewed strong coffee and maybe some pineapple or a juicy mango. Perhaps some porridge first (no sugar but a little creamy milk.) My husband likes to finish with my home-made marmalade. This is our Saturday treat.

Mapleleaf Wed 31-Jan-18 09:05:23

Usually cereal of some sort or porridge, but when away and staying in a B&B or hotel, go for a cooked breakfast (never do that at home apart from very occasionally a bacon sandwich if nephew is staying over as he loves them). ?

Mapleleaf Wed 31-Jan-18 09:06:01

P.s, always a cup of tea, too.

auntbett Wed 31-Jan-18 10:54:38

Mornings are a real rush for me - still working! So 2 Bixies (Lidl's 'weetabix' - tastes more like W'bix used to taste), banana, blueberries, plain yoghurt on top & a cuppa tea. Desperate coffee when I get to work. Weekend? straight to lunch on Saturday, something on toast Sunday. Boring? Probably.

lemongrove Tue 06-Feb-18 23:16:18

I have bought a pack of Weetabix and must say they are very nice with warm milk and a pinch of brown sugar.
I love poached eggs as well, must have them more often.

Menopaws Wed 07-Feb-18 02:53:17

I'm back in a good 16:8 routine but I do love a breakfast. I love a full English but only when it's at a hotel or a good cafe as by the time I've cooked one for husband I've gone off the idea. Also love cereal, shredded wheat, weetabix and just remembered an old fave, cornflakes crushed down into the bowl a bit with sultanas thrown in, milk and then double cream on top, bugger now I want that in the morning!!

lemongrove Wed 07-Feb-18 21:22:07

Mmmmnnn. Nothing like a drop of cream on your cornflakes .....except a lot of cream on your cornflakes! Go on, enjoy it.?

Faye Thu 08-Feb-18 03:42:42

For the last few years My breakfast has been a smoothie blended with 2 tblsp of whole grain oats, a frozen banana and normally raspberries and some blueberries, raw honey, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and water. The reason I have this for breakfast everyday is it makes me feel good and I enjoy it. Last week I had a special breakfast at DDs and she made Bircher Muesli and Brioche French Toast. That was nice.

tiredoldwoman Thu 08-Feb-18 05:26:02

My favourite is toast , butter and marmalade with 2 mugs of tea , but I'm back on the LCHF diet so this week it's been 2 fried eggs every day . Still yummy .
I find that if I have carbs for breakfast I'm starving by 11 , but with the eggs I'm not hungry until tea time and can easily miss lunch ! But am I losing weight , I don't know as I'm not going near the scales !!

lemongrove Thu 08-Feb-18 09:00:24

My favourite too tiredand what I had this morning, but you are right, it doesn’t fill for very long.
I find poached or scrambled eggs the best filler for longer.