Gransnet forums

Food

If you were on Come Dine With Me?

(68 Posts)
Ohmother Fri 11-Jan-19 22:52:02

What would you cook and what entertainment would you have.

I’d have
Melon slices with half a cherry on top for starters.
Main meal: Jam sandwiches
Desert: Banana custard.
(I hate cooking but like company ?)

Entertainment: Dog agility.

What about you?

annep Sat 12-Jan-19 23:38:48

Oh I'm getting really hungry reading this thread lol!

GabriellaG54 Sun 13-Jan-19 01:04:13

I have watched it but not for several years. It got boring and the guests were often plain rude.

holdingontometeeth Sun 13-Jan-19 01:22:17

Beans on toast followed by a pint of Guinness would suffice for me.

GabriellaG54 Sun 13-Jan-19 03:23:29

Actually, BOT is one of my fav eats the other being cheese on toast with, if you want to jazz it up a bit, some sliced tomato on top.
I wouldn't complain at being served either of those. grin

Esmerelda Sun 13-Jan-19 08:01:47

I'm definitely with you, Ohmother ... ???

Ohmother Sun 13-Jan-19 08:09:21

Thanks for all the joiners in! We actually played this when my son was still living at home. Each of us cooked a three course meal and we put our scores at the end of the meal in an envelope until the end of the last of three meals. Our son won the competetition and when he asked what the prize was we told him it was to cook again!!! ???

Leah50 Sun 13-Jan-19 08:55:20

Can I come GabriellaG54, you get my 10!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 13-Jan-19 10:14:20

I'd start with scallops in cheese sauce.
Salmon with mushrooms, mashed potatoes and asparagus.
For pudding raspberry foo.

Simple to prepare and light.

I wouldn't go on it though, apparently the production team play tricks like try to get guests drunk to provoke arguments and scupper your chances by hiding vital ingredients, all in the name of entertainment.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 13-Jan-19 10:15:00

That should be raspberry fool - what a fool!

GabriellaG54 Sun 13-Jan-19 15:00:52

Foo? ... I like it. grin?

narrowboatnan Sun 13-Jan-19 23:53:50

Ohmother on my way! Will bring the dogs, they’ve never tried dog agility but I’m sure they’ll soon get the hang of it. Especially the one that’s blind grin

Margs Mon 14-Jan-19 10:33:59

Marmite sandwiches, gallons of cream soda and Demis Roussos warbling away somewhere in the background (a nod to "Abigails Party".)

Miep1 Mon 14-Jan-19 12:01:24

Twice-cooked cheese soufflé or Swiss eggs with leeks
Coq Au Vin
Tri-coloured chocolate mousse
Cheese board
Brandy and coffee

Ohmother Mon 14-Jan-19 23:04:17

narrowboatman. We’ll start with the weaves and tunnel then and leave the seesaw till they get the hang of it. All breeds allowed. I’ve seen Bassetts having a go at the weave and it was a sight for sore eyes!

BradfordLass72 Tue 15-Jan-19 06:09:44

I've never seen the show but here goes:
*Serious menu*: Guacamole with chilli & garlic pita bread crisps. 10-Vegetable stir-fry with smoked, pulled pork, raspberry and mascarpone Mille Feuille. Hummingbird Free Trade coffee with Kahlua and cream.

Ohmother-style menu

Fricasee of lost socks with iced, fabric softener drizzle and a garnish of shredded Lifebuoy.

Pickled snake in a crunchy batter of specially fattened cockroach shells. Served with a salad of rhubarb leaves, asparagus berries tossed with whole, grated nutmeg.

Pocket fluff pavlova with huhu grubs.

And if that doesn't have you welded to your seats, the entertainment is moi doing cartwheels.

Ohmother Fri 18-Jan-19 08:22:45

BradfordLass72. What time would you like us!!! ???

DeeWBW Wed 30-Jan-19 22:40:30

I think my entertainment would be the provision of a counsellor, as many of the competitors have huge egos, are rude and really need to address themselves.

Food?

I'd stick witjh Ohmother's menu. Nice and easy, tasty and down to earth.