Gransnet forums

Food

What did you eat today?

(215 Posts)
fatgran57 Tue 24-Mar-20 01:13:29

I know there have been threads like this previously but it's something to do to take our minds off the virus.

I had raw overnight-soaked oats with blueberries, raspberries and banana with greek yoghurt for breakfast plus 2 mugs of tea.

Morning latte OH always makes for us

Another cup of tea.

Bowl of Thai pumpkin soup and piece of savoury toast. (very popular in Australia other places may not know what it is) plus another mug of tea.

Probably salad for tea with tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber, lettuce plus a veggie fritter made with grated zucchini and carrot, spring onion, chilli flakes,feta and cheddar cheese, eggs and a bit of flour.

This makes 6-8 and I have a couple a day till there are all gone.I don't get tired of having the same things for a few days.

OH has different food as he is a traditional old style eater with sausages and mash, silverside (corned beef) baked beans egg and bacon etc.

I always have some chocolate in the evening . (smile)

EllanVannin Wed 15-Apr-20 14:26:34

I'm doing my mixed grill now after straightening the garden up and watering. I'm starving.

Elizabeth1 Wed 15-Apr-20 13:14:32

Cereal yogurt with fresh fruit yummy a cup of tea and a fresh orange that’ll do me until elevenses tea and a biscuit

Missfoodlove Thu 09-Apr-20 21:34:51

I made James Martins sausage roll with dip. It was insanely good.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 09-Apr-20 21:18:41

2hot cross buns buttered

I sausage sandwich

In my defence, ummm , hmmmm. Nope. I got nothing.

Maggiemaybe Thu 09-Apr-20 21:14:51

Boiled egg and toast.

Homemade tomato soup with granary bread.

Slow cooker mozzarella chicken pasta with a mixed salad.

An apple, a couple of plums and a bag of physalis in and amongst, a gazillion cups of tea, one of coffee and a lot of tap water, which I’ve just got into while sitting in the garden with my book.

And I’m just about to have a glass of Malbec. Maybe two.

Marmight Thu 09-Apr-20 20:43:20

Muesli & yoghurt with rasps & blueberries
Toast & marmite
Green salad, tomato salad, radishes, smoked salmon
Cup of tea & slice of fruit loaf
Veggie soup, 2 chicken thighs (left over from yesterday)
Glass of ?
3 Thornton’s chocolates ?

Scentia Thu 09-Apr-20 19:05:54

I had toast for breakfast a hot cross bun for lunch and just had a curry delivered. The driver knocked the door then ran off, I used to love that game!!!
That is a lot of carbs!!

lemongrove Thu 09-Apr-20 18:59:41

Chewy! You will be so thin we won’t see you sideways.

I had a cooked breakfast for a treat ( DH makes an excellent breakfast for us ) bacon, fried egg and fried tomatoes with buttered toast, and two mugs of tea.
Coffee mid morning.
For lunch I had a piece of wholemeal toast with butter and marmalade and a mug of tea.
Just had dinner: steak, grilled, with saute potatoes and a coleslaw salad. Poached pears for afters ( poached in apricot brandy) with a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream.

GagaJo Thu 09-Apr-20 18:53:08

Am awaiting my 'leftovers' cottage pie with anticipation . Any old veg thrown in, plus lentils to extend the meat.

HettyMaud Thu 09-Apr-20 13:35:34

Prided myself on eating healthily all day. Then, feeling peckish in the evening, I ate 2 scones with clotted cream and jam. Felt sick for the rest of the evening and couldn't sleep as felt bloated. Nobody to blame but myself.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Apr-20 13:35:21

Bit egg heavy today

Bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
Orange juice
Coffee

Crackers, cheese and chutney

Egg fried rice with veg

Elizabeth1 Thu 09-Apr-20 13:32:45

Nothing much wrong with my appetite you will have noticed wink

Elizabeth1 Thu 09-Apr-20 13:31:04

Bacon on toast for breakfast with a yogurt a mug of tea,a glass of orange juice delivered in glass bottles off to the beach around 11 ish virtual shop closed today stayed in the car and had another cup of tea with a chocolate biscuit. Lunch cuppa soup with half a buttered roll and water now nap time my energy levels are quite low today and I’m tired going to have spare ribs for dinner with roasted potatoes my dh is cooking up a storm he’s really looking after me so well no complaints think I’ll keep him a little longer smile

paddyanne Sat 04-Apr-20 20:06:20

Porridge with banana and apricots,Pasta with a mushroom sauce .OH had the pasta with added poached chicken ,he had jam sponge and custard for afters

Missfoodlove Sat 04-Apr-20 19:26:37

Saturday!! No more culinary austerity... no sensible yorridge and fruit or hearty homemade soup.
Bacon butty with a runny egg and brown sauce in a bap?.
Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasties, chantenay carrots, broccoli, gravy and horseradish.?.
Saturday is the new Sunday! We are having today’s lemon sole tomorrow in the garden as it’s going to be☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Txquiltz Sat 04-Apr-20 08:37:32

1 egg, half an English muffin for breakfast, part of a frozen Mandarin chicken meal for dinner, small scoop of ice cream with nighttime pills so tummy doesn't get upset.

Sparkling Sat 04-Apr-20 08:26:14

Fat gran, how do you make your sun dried tomatoes please?

Sparkling Sat 04-Apr-20 08:24:31

Envious of how little some of you eat. I never miss a meal, love cooking and eating too much. I have really put on the pounds. Today will be different.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 04-Apr-20 08:16:42

Boiled egg and a slice of bread and butter
Orange juice

Then exactly the same as yesterday as made sufficient for two days for lunch and dinner
Chicken broth slice bread

Cottage pie and vegetables (to be decided)

BradfordLass73 Sat 04-Apr-20 06:02:32

I made a mixed vegetable soup today and will have that for supper and probably for all tomorrow's meals as well.

So far today (its 6pm at I write) I've eaten an orange and half a large banana.
A large helping of coleslaw and a boiled egg for brunch with decaf.

Two cups green tea and one plain digestive biscuit, 2 squares of sugar-free chocolate.

I certainly live the high-life here!

fatgran57 Sat 04-Apr-20 05:33:51

Usual breakfast of oats, blueberries, banana and greek yoghurt.

Finished other half of almond croissant will stop with morning tea now!

Lunch soup and toasted ham cheese and relish sandwich.

Dinner will be roast turkey breast, roast potato and sweet potato, cauli and broccoli with gravy.

Maybe an apple or orange then chocolate ration!

Soupy Fri 03-Apr-20 19:21:37

B: cup of tea

L: leftover cauliflower cheese from yesterday. Satsuma.

D: braised beef and veg casserole with half a jacket potato. Handful of raspberries and small scoop of ice cream.

Grandmafrench Fri 03-Apr-20 18:50:31

Water/Orange juice/Soaked oats with Greek yoghurt/Banana slices/Ground seeds and nuts/Tea

Coffee

Poached egg on slice of toasted home-made bread/Water/Coffee

Tea

G&T ice & lemon/cashew nuts/olives with Episode of The Crown

Small Tomato salad/ Chicken Tarragon/Vegetables/Rice
Glass of Rosé

Drinking Chocolate

TerriBull Fri 03-Apr-20 18:36:07

3 coffees

Greek yoghurt, honey and banana

2 slices of seeded bread and Marmite

hour long walk, starving afterwards so had a cup of tea and 4 ginger snap biscuits

Early dinner, Marks' lightly dusted haddock with a wedge of lemon, mashed potato, carrots and broccoli

I've got some Apricots in whisky in the fridge (Christmas gift) left over from a couple of nights ago, have now acquired some cream to go with them. Might save those for later when my dear husband wants to watch Vera, sigh! it's either that or a big glass of this wine

EllanVannin Fri 03-Apr-20 17:48:04

Usual 2 thickly buttered crumpets and cocoa/ drinking choc.

A piece of battered cod, chips and peas-bread and butter. Apple fritters and a glass of Ribena.

Afternoon coffee and choc digestives.