Gransnet forums

Food

Delivered Ready made meals.

(32 Posts)
loiner Sun 19-Apr-20 18:44:48

Got a leaflet through the door,from Parsley box offering 10 meals + 2 bottles of wine for £19.99 delivered,this is an introductory offer but does seem a bargain,
Has any one used them or are there better companies out there. Our neighbours have used Wiltshire farm foods.
Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Esspee Sat 12-Dec-20 17:47:06

I used to cook extra every meal and freeze a portion or two for my mother. Her home help simply popped it in the microwave and served it up. Not much extra work and I knew she was getting top quality food.

M0nica Sun 13-Dec-20 12:07:16

It is some years ago, I admit, but a friend said that Wiltshire Farm Foods meals were her greatest incentive to recovering at home from a serious illness, she could not wait to be able to cook her own meals and dispense with the ready meals, which she found quite unpalatable.

Xander Sun 13-Dec-20 13:08:27

Used Parsley Box as an emergency back up for my Dad because they did not require freezer space and long shelf life. Not very pleasing to look at and not wonderful to taste but gave me peace of mind to know they were there.

jeanrobinson Mon 14-Dec-20 12:18:06

I wonder about the nutritional content of Parsleybox meals.
I get my ready meals from Cook, which are frozen and \I would think have more vitamin C. Nutrition is very important in the elderly I always have a large salad for one meal a day.

Luckygirl Mon 14-Dec-20 13:20:59

I thought the parsley box meals were not great at all, and I would not recommend them.

Each pouch had all the visual charm of a dose of the squits!

Susan56 Mon 14-Dec-20 13:26:52

We buy M and S ready meals for my mum.