Gransnet forums

Food

What's everyone having for dinner?

(1001 Posts)
PinkCakes Mon 08-Jun-20 18:23:35

What are you all having to eat tonight? I cook every evening and have been getting bored with the usual meals. Tonight, I've made a Chicken Jambalaya - it's a Hello Fresh recipe I had ages ago, but I bought all the ingredients and have adapted it a bit.

I've made a carrot cake for afters.... with cream grin

Sussexborn Mon 08-Jun-20 20:33:00

Cottage pie with green beans, peas and spinach beet. No pudding as yet as I’m still full.

kittylester Mon 08-Jun-20 20:35:56

Very boring here!! Cold gammon from yesterday with bubble and squeak and pickle.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 08-Jun-20 20:38:49

Salmon marinated in a yogurt and sun dried tomato Sauce with salsa. Apple crumble and custard

Evie64 Mon 08-Jun-20 20:41:45

Well, last night I had a really "dirty dinner"! I'd had a nice big lunch so didn't need much dinner, so...... I had an egg and bacon sandwich. It was delicious smile Tonight it's home made carrot and coriander soup with hunks of bread and butter. Mmmm grin

Westcoaster Mon 08-Jun-20 20:54:22

We had a bbq in the garden with the DGC's ... first time using our new George Foreman electric bbq. The usual burgers, sausages, chicken mini fillets and bbq pork loins. Oh, and fish fingers for the kids!!!
Last good day for a wee while so hopefully a better standard of dining tomorrow grin

Nannytrace Mon 08-Jun-20 21:06:36

I had left overs from Saturday night. Curry and rice. I then had a coffee muller light yoghurt. I love all things ‘coffee’ and was really looking forward to it as it was a limited edition. It was rank. I shall have to put the other one in the bin. Yuk!

PinkCakes Mon 08-Jun-20 21:09:27

You all have some lovely meals!

My husband didn't like the Jambalaya. He didn't like the chorizo in it, so he ended up making his own.....he had Weetabix, toast and some crisps grin. He probably won't like tomorrow's dinner either - cod with green pesto, gnocchi and green beans.

ladymuck Mon 08-Jun-20 21:12:58

I had chips and peas.....odd but it was what I fancied.

Annapops Mon 08-Jun-20 21:24:57

We had a one pot chicken dish including bacon, garlic, mushrooms and parsley. The sauce was made from chicken stock and yogurt. It was served with spaghetti and brocolli. The first time I had made it having only spotted the recipe online today. It was delicious.

25Avalon Mon 08-Jun-20 21:32:26

I had a lovely salad with lettuce and spring onions from my garden, vine tomatoes, cucumber, celery, local ham and goats cheese delivered by my fantastic local farm shop. Then we had loganberries and strawberries from the garden.

annodomini Mon 08-Jun-20 22:08:41

I made myself a butternut squash risotto. Very tasty.

Puzzler61 Tue 09-Jun-20 10:54:47

Confit chicken legs, potato wedges, sweetcorn and peas tonight. Sweet, fresh Spanish cherries, grapes and blueberries for dessert.

Rosalyn69 Tue 09-Jun-20 10:56:44

BBQ tonight. smile

Riverwalk Tue 09-Jun-20 19:57:46

A beetroot, dill & feta fritatta - very nice, but I could eat it again!

Bottomless pit today.

LadyGracie Tue 09-Jun-20 20:03:29

We had toad in the hole, broccoli, peas and little jersey potatoes, fresh English strawberries for dessert.

ginny Tue 09-Jun-20 20:41:38

We had chicken , bacon , tarragon and butter bean casserole Mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans.

Evoha16 Wed 10-Jun-20 17:51:42

Oh EllinVannin I haven’t heard that for years ‘God bless me belly’ ? took me back to my childhood - Thanks x

annep1 Wed 10-Jun-20 19:09:29

Mushroom risotto, but I didn't stir the whole time, can't be bothered with that. * Annapop* I like the sound of your chicken dish

paddyanne Wed 10-Jun-20 19:18:16

Gammon steak and cauliflower cheese,OH had his weekly portion of very thin cut chips with his .A rare evening one meal for two of us

kittylester Thu 11-Jun-20 16:22:16

Salmon tray bake - salmon marinated in honey, balsamic, garlic and black pepper. Roasted on lots of veg and some new potatoes.

merlotgran Thu 11-Jun-20 16:28:48

Oven baked gf breaded scampi with a plum sauce dip, stir fried veg and egg fried rice.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jun-20 16:41:02

Could be anything today as D has gone to M&S's for some awaited for goodies.

MissTree Thu 11-Jun-20 16:42:38

Chicken thighs in piri piri sauce. Onions peppers courgettes roasted and home made oven chips.

Floradora9 Thu 11-Jun-20 18:43:03

Snap we had slow cooked gammon as well but our is done in apple juice as I am diabetic . We had roasted Mediterranean vegetables and potato croquettes all bunged into the oven together. For afters we had Muller corners.

GagaJo Thu 11-Jun-20 18:47:48

Salad with julienne peppers and avocado. Duck with rosti and mange tout. Home made cheese cake.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion