Gransnet forums

Food

What's everyone having for dinner?

(1001 Posts)
PinkCakes Mon 08-Jun-20 18:23:35

What are you all having to eat tonight? I cook every evening and have been getting bored with the usual meals. Tonight, I've made a Chicken Jambalaya - it's a Hello Fresh recipe I had ages ago, but I bought all the ingredients and have adapted it a bit.

I've made a carrot cake for afters.... with cream grin

Redhead56 Thu 01-Apr-21 17:38:46

I made Jamie’s Broccoli and cheese pierogi with tomato sauce.

Blossoming Thu 01-Apr-21 17:41:40

Bacon and mushroom baguettes.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 01-Apr-21 17:44:46

Well, it was supposed to be a vegetable and cheese rice bake, but I made hot cross buns this afternoon and we’ve eaten 2 each and are now stuffed?.

I think I will have a glass of wine and call it a day.

tanith Thu 01-Apr-21 19:02:45

I had an omelette with a salad, I might have a hot cross bun later with a cuppa.

Mollygo Thu 01-Apr-21 19:56:13

We were having roasties, roast duck and green beans, then DH mournfully said, “Why don’t we ever have mash anymore?” So guess what?

NotAGran55 Fri 02-Apr-21 13:43:26

Poached salmon, salad and Jersey Royals .

Blossoming Sun 04-Apr-21 15:56:11

There’s a chicken korma in the slow cooker, and some Lidl naan bread. Must remember to tell Mr. B it’s Peshwari naan, he thought there was something wrong with it last time when he found the stuffing ?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Apr-21 15:59:34

Rack of lamb with usual veg, mint sauce etc.

Just the two of us.

lemongrove Sun 04-Apr-21 16:17:47

Pantglas2

I’m carb free until Saturday so omelette with ham, cheese and chives and mixed leaf salad followed by yoghurt and berries.

Hi pantglas that’s exactly what we shall be having this evening for a meal and desert.Easy and carb free and totally delicious.?

Pantglas2 Sun 04-Apr-21 16:29:42

Lamb with garlic and rosemary with roasted mixed vegetables and home made blueberry and raspberry mousse (back to being good after my carbs overload yesterday!)

Redhead56 Sun 04-Apr-21 16:41:59

Fish chips mushy peas from chippy not something we get often as it’s naughty.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Apr-21 16:43:21

Our 6 yr old GS (in our bubble) asked for a Christmas Easter Dinner, so that’s what I am cooking. The Gammon was cooked yesterday. I am now preparing Turkey and all the trimmings including pigs in blankets. This Gran is a total pushover as far as the GC are concerned ?

cornergran Sun 04-Apr-21 16:48:35

Paella followed by profiteroles with chocolate sauce. Looking foreword to it, a change from our usual Sunday roast and crumble.

HurdyGurdy Sun 04-Apr-21 16:51:55

For the meat eaters - roast lamb with home-made mint sauce, and gravy from the meat juices, goosefat roasted potatoes, honey glazed roast parsnips, carrots, broccoli and peas.

For the vegetarian - Quorn roast, onion gravy, potatoes roasted in olive oil and rosemary, same veg as above

For all - a "what fruit have we got in" crumble and Tesco finest custard. The fruit ended up being strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and a rogue cooking apple I found.

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Apr-21 17:54:23

Pulled pork, new potatoes, carrots and pak choi, no afters.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 04-Apr-21 18:17:29

Roast lamb,new potatoes, roast parsnips,carrots,leeks in cheese sauce and gravy. I had a little chocolate trifle pot after - I looked on lovingly as DH demolished a Belgian chocolate melt in the middle pudding. Saving my calories for some Easter Egg later

Puzzler61 Sun 04-Apr-21 18:32:50

Roast pork, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and green beans, stuffing, crackling and gravy.
No pud, too full!

NotAGran55 Sun 04-Apr-21 19:23:51

Halibut with lemon and caper sauce . Jersey Royals, carrots and peas . Chocolate ice cream for pud.

moggie57 Sun 04-Apr-21 19:32:26

a frozen roast from sainsbury's. minus the chicken eaten by local cat and replaced with veggie sausages..two pieces of mary berry ginger cake . sandwich for tea ..thats all i can afford after the bills/bedroom tax etc ....

grannylyn65 Sun 04-Apr-21 19:57:33

My next door neighbors brought me a roast dinner ?

Greyduster Sun 04-Apr-21 20:41:56

Roast leg of lamb with fresh rosemary, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, broccoli, green beans and baby sweet corn. Apple and blackberry crumble for pudding.

Puzzler61 Mon 05-Apr-21 12:33:57

Mushroom and asparagus quiche, sweetcorn + red pepper salad and coldslaw. Apple and blackberry crumble and cream.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 05-Apr-21 12:36:58

Day off today so

Cook chicken korma and peas pilau

NotAGran55 Mon 05-Apr-21 12:44:52

Veggie chilli with rice followed by kefir with blueberries. Easter egg and coffee a bit later .

Witzend Mon 05-Apr-21 13:33:54

A fry-up - very rare in this house. Lean bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, plus bubble and squeak, since I have some Savoy cabbage that needs using up before our veg box arrives tomorrow. I’m just making a nice lot of mash for the purpose.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion