Gransnet forums

Food

Recipe for Tournedos Rossini anyone please

(33 Posts)
paddyanne Wed 05-Aug-20 16:25:41

Elegran I got it out of a book I had when I did my City and Guilds in professional cookery .I did it part time in my 30's just to prove to myself I could get a good grade.I got a Distinction!! Cooking has always been my hobby I was happy that I hadn't been going too far wrong for 20 odd years ...lol

Elegran Wed 05-Aug-20 14:29:00

I remember a debate among food writers on whether tournedos should be pronounced with the stress on the last syllable or the one before it. I forget what conclusion was reached, but it turned on the original language of the word. Was probably French = tourne dos and Italian = tour ned os.

Elegran Wed 05-Aug-20 14:24:53

I used to make this occasionally for myself and DH many years ago. I did it very like Paddyanne's recipe, but obviously with smaller quantities and with a cheaper pate than foie gras. It was simple but luxurious - expensive, so not an everyday meal.

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 13:55:15

Thank you both.

MiniMoon Wed 05-Aug-20 13:31:30

Here is a recipe from Great British Chefs.

www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/tournedos-rossini-recipe

paddyanne Wed 05-Aug-20 13:22:00

Demi glace is a combination of a brown sauce and a brown stock .You should get the recipes online

paddyanne Wed 05-Aug-20 13:20:16

I've got a recipe in a professional cookbook for it but its for ten servings ,.I'll give you that and you can adgust for number .
100g BUTTER
10X TOURNEDOS OF120G
CROUTONS X10
FOIS GRAS SLICES X 10
MADEIRA
DEMI -GLACE
TRUFFLE

HEAT BUTTER SEASON AND COOK THE TOURNEDOS QUICKLY ON BOTH SIDES UNTIL BROWN

DRESS THE CROUTONS ON PLATTER REMOVE STRINGS FROM TOURNADOS PLACE ON CROUTONS WITH FOIS GRAS ON TOP OF EACH

REMOVE FAT FROM PAN ADD MADEIRA AND REDUCE SLIGHTLY ADD DEMI-GLACE REHEAT AND REDUCE SLIGHTLY TO TASTE .STRAIN OVER THE TOURNEDOS AND PLACE A SLICE OF TRUFFLE ON TOP

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 13:03:22

DH is 75 on Friday and has expressed a wish to have Tournedos Rossini for dinner.

Because I spoil him, I have been looking a recipes and noe seem to be as I remember it.

Has anyone got a good recipe - please.