Gransnet forums

Food

What sweet treat do you look forward to the most?

(154 Posts)
BrandyGran Fri 13-Nov-20 15:02:38

My all time favourite treat is a Tunnocks caramel wafer biscuit! Oh the lovely chocolate and chewy sensation of the wafer inside -heavenly!

HannahLoisLuke Sat 14-Nov-20 15:42:19

Thorntons Classic collection. Any coffee filled chocolates, difficult to find.
Peanut butter ice cream or pistachio.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 14-Nov-20 15:27:50

For the first time about two months ago when we were last able to eat out I had an Eton Mess dessert which was heavenly. Can't wait to eat one again.

Years ago when we had our holidays in France we enjoyed Mont Blanc puddings which you could get tinned in various flavours, that was lovely too. Very easy on the digestion.

Bluecat Sat 14-Nov-20 15:27:07

Toffees. Terrible for my teeth but I love them.

gillyknits Sat 14-Nov-20 15:24:57

Has to be toffee popcorn for me!

3nanny6 Sat 14-Nov-20 15:17:32

I bought a box of Raffaels I think that is the name of them they are round chocolate with tiny nus in the chocolate and there is a coconut flavour as well I always buy a big box of them at Christmas.
All year round I eat many different chocolate but love the latest Cadburys dark chocolate bar either the almond flavour or the salted caramel, one square is never enough I usually end up eating the whole bar. I tell myself not to eat so much chocolate and will buy some pringles instead but can't resist them and just keep going back to the box.

Sarahmob Sat 14-Nov-20 15:08:41

Galaxy chocolate for me mostly, but if I’m near a Hotel Chocolat then I’d go in and have a browse, their amaretto cherry ones are amazing.

HillyN Sat 14-Nov-20 15:08:40

Another fan for hazelnuts in dark chocolate, annodomini; Lidl's is pretty good too. Poundland used to do bags of chocolate covered brazil nuts that I loved but I haven't been able to find them for ages.
The sweet treats I dream about though are the dark chocolates with real cherries and cherry liqueur inside that I bought myself on a city break in Bruges a few years ago. The cherry stalk was sticking out of the top. Heavenly!

Shandy57 Sat 14-Nov-20 15:05:25

Foxyferret, I'm glad you like those,I've just put an M&S version through the door of an 85 years plus couple I see on my beach walk. They are both on a diet, can't see their family because of Covid, have only got the tv as they don't like tech.
I am having a 'joke' with them that they are fruit! I gave them a chocolate 'orange' about two weeks ago, and have just bought them some peaches in amaretto for their next 'treat'.

MiniMoon Sat 14-Nov-20 15:00:18

Penrith Toffee Shop fudge.

I'm salivating now, I want some and can't get any! sad

suziewoozie Sat 14-Nov-20 14:58:03

Lindt chocolate in general is lovely. I especially enjoy their assorted truffles - has anyone else been to the Lindt shop in Gunwharf Quays where every flavour of truffle imaginable and then some is available on a pick and mix basis. ( pre virus obvs). They give the price I think per 100gms and it seems so cheap - one of these, two of those , one of these - all the way round the display and a sharp intake of breath at the till.

Flopsey Sat 14-Nov-20 14:39:49

Chocolates from a box of Lindt Swiss Luxury Selection, I get them from Waitrose when they’re on special offer.
I try to limit myself to two or three a night.
They’re very morish?

Aepgirl Sat 14-Nov-20 14:22:03

Anything with chocolate on.

Foxyferret Sat 14-Nov-20 13:41:48

Those chocolate covered cherry liquors you get at Christmas. I love them.

annodomini Sat 14-Nov-20 13:33:22

Dark chocolate with hazelnuts. Aldi's is excellent.

mphammersley Sat 14-Nov-20 13:22:05

Fudge, a good sweet shop fudge or Thorntons Viennese truffles!

blueberry1 Sat 14-Nov-20 13:21:26

Creme Egg and anything with meringue and fresh cream!

Namsnanny Sat 14-Nov-20 13:20:34

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but my favourite treats are Orange and chocolate cheesecake (Good housekeeping magazine 1977) Summer treat.
Rosewater and chocolate mousse (ditto above) Valentines treat.
Sticky date pudding (Delia Smith 1980ish) Christmas treat.
Rum truffles (Christmas edition 1993) Birthday treat.

Each one only made once a year, so I dont stuff myself silly!grin

schnackie Sat 14-Nov-20 13:04:36

From Aldi - Moser Roth Sea Salt Dark Chocolate. I have one 25gm square (rectangle) grin each evening.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 14-Nov-20 13:03:58

Nougat and marzipan at Christmas.

Cheese and onion crisps at othre times of the year.

f77ms Sat 14-Nov-20 12:53:41

My mums ginger cake which she sliced like bread and buttered! Sounds strange but it was wonderful.

Glasgo Sat 14-Nov-20 12:45:52

Equis rum and raisin ice cream. Haven’t had one in ages.

Happysexagenarian Sat 14-Nov-20 12:38:22

Candy Floss! I absolutely adore it and have been known to eat two whole bags in one sitting. This year I have been so tempted to buy a macine to make it, all the beach shops near us that usually sell it have been closed. I do wish it was still sold on sticks though instead of in bags.

readalot Sat 14-Nov-20 12:26:04

I like the strawberry and orange creams from Quality Street

carolmary Sat 14-Nov-20 12:09:11

Has anyone tried Nuii ice cream bars? coconut and mango are delicious

Quilty Sat 14-Nov-20 12:05:18

.....also quite partial to dark chocolate flavoured with chilli.