Gransnet forums

Food

Tesco Clubcard/Clubcard prices....

(47 Posts)
bikergran Tue 01-Dec-20 20:12:18

I very rarely shop at Tesco as I work in another supermarket and have 10% off everything.

But I shop at tesco for my dad now.

When browsing round lately, I see the "Tesco Club Card price" eg £1.00 but at side of it normal price £1:99 ?

So if I have forgot to take my dads tesco club card (just the normal everyday clubcard that you get vouchers off every so often) does this mean I will pay the higher price?

Or am I missing something.hmm

Grannynannywanny Wed 02-Dec-20 01:07:23

I’ve found this recent Clubcard discount really good. I watch for the discounts all around the store. I saved £6 on my shopping the other day.

It’s not that non Clubcard holders are being penalised and charged a higher price. The discount is off the “normal” price. Eg this morning a pack of tomatoes, regular price £1.20 and Clubcard price 49p. There are really good savings to be made if you have a card and the time to browse the prices.

bikergran Wed 02-Dec-20 08:44:09

Yes have put the key fob one on my keys smile thankyou all. I thought I was being simple or something grin

glammanana Wed 02-Dec-20 09:39:49

I did a big shop on Monday at Tesco and saved £42 off my bill with club card prices and they where all something I needed,stocking fillers of smellies for my DGS's large boxes of dog &cat food saving £7.50 per box and leg of lamb at £12.50 so really worthwhile going this week.

Susan56 Wed 02-Dec-20 09:51:21

I am loving the club card prices!We saved £17 on our shopping yesterday??

We bought the Spider-Man bubble bath for our son in law Mary although he is only 34?

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 09:52:44

glammanana

I did a big shop on Monday at Tesco and saved £42 off my bill with club card prices and they where all something I needed,stocking fillers of smellies for my DGS's large boxes of dog &cat food saving £7.50 per box and leg of lamb at £12.50 so really worthwhile going this week.

It's called having too much to think about!
tchsmile

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 09:54:31

bikergran

Yes have put the key fob one on my keys smile thankyou all. I thought I was being simple or something grin

What??

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post, I should have quoted this one
blush

Same excuse, I was thinking about Christmas cards! Multitasking is not one of my greatest skills.

GrandmasueUK Wed 02-Dec-20 09:59:27

I shop online and put Clubcard into the search box. I go through them and choose things I'd usually buy and have saved £25 so far this week.

It's a great deal,

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 10:04:45

I was doing a large shop with Waitrose (including wine) and told DH I'd saved £43!
He said, well that's probably brought it down to the normal price in Lidl.

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 10:14:40

You need to get a grip. Take your club card with you if you go shopping, it's not difficult and not the cashier fault if you don't!! And actually, if you're paying contactless, do your club card first again not difficult and again not cashier fault if you tap payment card first, I mean reallyhmm

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 10:18:42

Yes I work there, and it's not the end of world if you forget it, is it? Corona virus hopefully taught us that, someone stressing cos they cannot get the discount because THEY forgot the flipping clubcard, I mean come on guys

henetha Sat 29-May-21 10:24:54

I've had a free Tesco clubcard for donkey's years and think it's great.
It lives in my purse so I can't forget it. And I get those clubcard prices when I do my click and collect online. No problem.

Peasblossom Sat 29-May-21 10:38:12

It’s just a disguised rip-off.

If they can sell it at 99p to a Clubcard holder, they can sell it at 99p to everyone. They’re still making a profit on the 99p.

So they just make an extra pound of profit out of the unfortunate who doesn’t have a card.

Nobody’s actually “saved” anything. Except being ripped off.

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 11:41:02

Unfortunate!! Get a card then they're free, and if you don't want a company knowing about your data, don't bitch about not getting the discount. Some people have to much time on their hands!

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 11:44:29

Best you don't shop their, maybe anywhere ever again, I'm sure they will survivesmile

Peasblossom Sat 29-May-21 12:03:52

That’s kind of what John Lewis and M and S thought. What’s one person matter.

Actually I can remember years back when Tesco almost crashed because they developed a contempt for their customers.

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 12:32:58

No where near as much contempt as some customers have for staff, definitely no where near,and show it with no shame, nice!

MaggieMay69 Sat 29-May-21 12:41:00

Don't understand why anyone would be 'irritated' by something they could either have, or not have! Secondly, there is no fee for it at all, and its been fantastic the amount of clubcard vouchers we have at Christmas to spend on our big shop.
Do people just need something to whinge about these days or wot?
lol. sign up, get a card, and also, if you forget your card you can tell them, they will print off your receipt and you can add the points next time you shop. Otherwise, the incentives are great!
Plus the food seems to usually have a longer shelf life than say Asda. x

cornishpatsy Sat 29-May-21 12:55:06

I have the card app on my phone, also have my debit card on there so only need to take my phone when I go out.

Peasblossom Sat 29-May-21 13:01:24

Well, supermarket sales have been distorted over the past 18 months as people signed up for a delivery and then got the bulk of their shopping from that store.

Now that we’re easier about going out and from shop to shop, the profits will tell whether the gamble to lock people into loyalty has paid off against the floating/casual shopper who won’t pay the inflated price and will just walk out and on to one of the competition.

Its a marketing strategy. It might pay off in terms of profit, it might not. If it doesn’t they’ll drop it.

But they still could have sold that item to everyone at 99p. The card holder didn’t get a bargain. That’s the price wth the profit margin. The higher price just makes it look like you’re getting a deal.

99stayofinternet Sat 29-May-21 17:11:20

Supermarkets are in stiff competition with one another. They have to find ways of standing out, and Tesco's have chosen this. And it works

Callistemon Sat 29-May-21 17:14:09

99stayofinternet

Yes I work there, and it's not the end of world if you forget it, is it? Corona virus hopefully taught us that, someone stressing cos they cannot get the discount because THEY forgot the flipping clubcard, I mean come on guys

Which branch do you work in, 99stayofinternet?